Aughton road parking and traffic issues

I am wondering what people think of the current parking issues and the plans to address it on Aughton Road?

I would put a link to the planning proposal but I am not able to find it on the net.

I think it needs to be addressed but think that the residents are going to be penalised and the current plan is going to raise even more problems

If anyone can clarify what the plans are exactly that too would be useful as the signs are not clear and have become somewhat smudged in the rain!

The only thing that would solve it would be permit only parking, double yellows & enforcement officers during both school rushes as for me it's the sodding 'chelsea tractor' bridage taking their molly-coddled kids to school that cause the main issue.

The school is the least of the problem except a short period of time each end of the school day when it is extreme chaos - but it us short lived and was a known entity when as residents bought their houses. Although I am frequently amazed by the length that the Chelsea tractors/ parent will go to to be the nearest to the gates - arriving up to 45 mins before they finish just to get the right place. If they are late they just park on yellow lines and across drives!!

It is the sport centre that causes the problems. It was built to agreed planning permission with an agreed number of parking spaces which due to the school not being rebuilt didn't happen and there are far fewer parking spaces than the planning permission stated.

The only thing that would solve it would be permit only parking, double yellows & enforcement officers during both school rushes as for me it's the sodding 'chelsea tractor' bridage taking their molly-coddled kids to school that cause the main issue.

Ok lets all drop our kids off at the Wetherby an let em walk the rest of the way.

What do you know besides NOWT :loopy::loopy:

Guest busdriver1
[/b]

Ok lets all drop our kids off at the Wetherby an let em walk the rest of the way.

The excercise would do them good

The school is the least of the problem except a short period of time each end of the school day when it is extreme chaos - but it us short lived and was a known entity when as residents bought their houses. Although I am frequently amazed by the length that the Chelsea tractors/ parent will go to to be the nearest to the gates - arriving up to 45 mins before they finish just to get the right place. If they are late they just park on yellow lines and across drives!!

It is the sport centre that causes the problems. It was built to agreed planning permission with an agreed number of parking spaces which due to the school not being rebuilt didn't happen and there are far fewer parking spaces than the planning permission stated.

When I used to (infrequently) use the sports centre last year, there were signs in the car park that said SC users could park in the school car park during evenings and weekends. I did on a few occasions, but I'm not sure many others ever did.

Are we talking outside the school / leisure center here, or further up the road by the Black Bull ?

Well, I live in Grange Avenue, (between the Speed Camera and the School) - and getting out is bloody dangerous at almost ANY time, because of people parking vans etc on our side of the road right up to the junction - you take your life in your hands trying to pull out - it's impossible to see who's coming....

High time the 50 yards or so to the south of the junction on the school side was double-yellowed.

And yes, the Chelsea Tractor problem makes school arriving and leaving times a nighmare on Aughton Rd generally. Why can't the little darlings walk, bike, or take theb us like we used to?

NO ONE ferried US to bleedin' school! Are they so precious they can't risk the alternatives? Too many parents with too much time on their hands!

emperor_ming - I was referring to the bit outside the school / sports centre but the bit by the Black bull and to be honest most of the road also needs addressing!

I just know this stretch bit better and am frustrated by the situation and wonder if others are aware of the impending plan to double yellow line(?) the school side and what people think of this. You start to get to feel like its just you that is frustrated but to be honest I can't believe I am

Archived