Identify these old photos?

fourfive

having seen the comparative photos, i'm convinced jpg1 is from bottom of the moor.

Still pretty sure jpg2 is from fargate looking towards barkers pool. on the left of barkers pool you can see the regent cinema (later the gaumont). This was built in 1927 to give an earliest date possible if correct.

jpg3 still reminds me of heeley bottom. there was a kink in the road on the left if i'm not mistaken, (and i probably am), is it still there? (can't quite see to check from here.)

• 2 weeks later...

The first photo is most definitely at the bottom of The Moor known in those days South Street Moor at Ecclesall Road Junction. The "H" on the tram indicates it is travelling to Heeley.

How others think that it is not in Sheffield is a mystery. In the far distance the Town Hall is very prominent.

The second photo is Talbot Square Blackpool. The famous Yate's Wine Lodge is in the centre of the photo.

The first photo is most definitely at the bottom of The Moor known in those days South Street Moor at Ecclesall Road Junction. The "H" on the tram indicates it is travelling to Heeley.

How others think that it is not in Sheffield is a mystery. In the far distance the Town Hall is very prominent.

The second photo is Talbot Square Blackpool. The famous Yate's Wine Lodge is in the centre of the photo.

WELL DONE TRANSPORTFAN!!!!

Just look at the pics at this link:

http://www.cyberpictures.net/blackpool/william.htm

They were taken in 1962 but just one look at the architecture confirms it.

So...

Picture 1 - Bottom of Moor

Picture 2 - Talbot Square Blackpool.

Picture 3 - High Street Barnstaple

Are we done?...... been a great thread tho'

• 6 years later...
Are all talking about the same pic here?

I think you guys are talking about Pic No 1

Pic No 3 - several of us think is a town in Devon - probably Barnstable

Have a close up on this pic, it says Manufacturing Depot, blah, blah, Batstaple Art Pottery. It's not Sheffield.

WELL DONE TRANSPORTFAN!!!!

Just look at the pics at this link:

http://www.cyberpictures.net/blackpool/william.htm

They were taken in 1962 but just one look at the architecture confirms it.

So...

Picture 1 - Bottom of Moor

Picture 2 - Talbot Square Blackpool.

Picture 3 - High Street Barnstaple

Are we done?...... been a great thread tho'

6 years on, it's definately Barnstaple !!

Archived