Please sign my petition for our local school

Hi :) Please would you sign the petition linked to below? 11 children have been refused a place from September, despite attending nursery there and so making friends and forming bonds. Our village has expanded but the school has failed to accomodate the growing numbers; all we want is for our children to be able to attend their own village school....

http://www.change.org/petitions/children-and-young-people-s-services-riverside-house-rotherham-expand-treeton-primary-school-so-all-village-children-can-attend

....sorry, posted too soon! This is a petition to the council to expand the school to accomodate all village (Treeton) students, instead of having to travel miles to other schools and leave all their friends behind. It might not have any effect, but at least we've tried. My family alone has attended school here for over 105 years, but it seems loyalty counts for nothing. Thanks to whoever signs :)

I'm sorry I thought I'd mentioned location but obviously having a blonde moment. The children have been offered a few different schools; my daughter is going to Brinsworth Howarth, which I know doesn't seem that far but its difficult when I don't drive and our bus service can be unreliable.

The kids from Tinsley have to go to HindeHouse in Wincobank, this sort of thing happens all the time.

What happens is everyone develops land or creates new housing estates and the incompetent councils planning departments don't consider what impact it would have on community resources.

Dare I ask if your relativly new to the area and how new your property is?

I'm sorry I thought I'd mentioned location but obviously having a blonde moment. The children have been offered a few different schools; my daughter is going to Brinsworth Howarth, which I know doesn't seem that far but its difficult when I don't drive and our bus service can be unreliable.

Tell me, would you have to pay for the transport for school?

I ask because Tinsley residents get a bus put on for them twice a day for free.

Tell me, would you have to pay for the transport for school?

I ask because Tinsley residents get a bus put on for them twice a day for free.

Really? Theres none that I know of but to be honest I'm not sure; thats something I need to look into if nothing comes of this. Thanks for that info :) And in answer to your original question - my daughter is the 6th generation of our family to live and school here (around 105 years), and my home appeared on the 1890 census.

Really? Theres none that I know of but to be honest I'm not sure; thats something I need to look into if nothing comes of this. Thanks for that info :) And in answer to your original question - my daughter is the 6th generation of our family to live and school here (around 105 years), and my home appeared on the 1890 census.

Hi, yes get in touch with the education department to see if you cant have the service extended up the road to yourself. Hindehouse is not a bad school and if your kids are Asian they should get on OK with the others on the bus service.

I would try and find out how many others live in Treeton that have to commute, and if there is enough (16 or so) then I cannot see why the council won't put a special bus on to go to a school closer to yourselves that you would prefer.

If they are unwilling to put on a mini bus for say 16 kids local to yourself then get back on SF and let us know, see if we can't make an issue of it ;)

Archived