People not wanting to work?

I watched it on catch up this morning. I don't know if I'm part of the 'target audience', I watch a wide range of stuff on the telly, I have the time as I don't work now. :cool:

Well, maybe Mecky will let us all know who these people are. He/she commonly writes that 'we all know', yet we all don't. I don't, so it can't be 'all' :D

I still believe a work ethic is mainly learnt in the home. A child brought up knowing their parents are making an effort to provide for them will have a very different experience to a child who lives in a non working family. Also, if a young person is in a supportive family, they can take a low paid job to start them off in the world of work.

IMO its best to start low and aim higher, than to never start at all. ;)

I think you believe right. I would perhaps push it further and say that it is blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain.

[...] as I don't work now. :cool:

Ah, a potential rioter and looter, no less?? :hihi:

Never saw the programme. I was pointing out most benefit claimants work.

If next week's programme is about working benefit claimants, then I'll post a thread and send you a PM :)

The programme highlighted that rather than people not being able to find work, that people don't want to work.

It's a different discussion :)

Well, maybe Mecky will let us all know who these people are. He/she commonly writes that 'we all know', yet we all don't. I don't, so it can't be 'all' :D

I think you believe right. I would perhaps push it further and say that it is blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain.

Ah, a potential rioter and looter, no less?? :hihi:

How very dare you! :o Be careful or I'll ram you with my shopping trolley young man. :nono:

After many years of working in a variety of jobs, I think its soul destroying for so many people who can't find suitable work. And I know some of them will take most jobs. I've gone back to square one more than once, I believe in 'the foot in the door' scenario. Get a basic level job, and there can be opportunities.

The most worrying thing for me is the generational non-working that permeates some families. Their kids don't really stand a chance unless they are taken under someone's wing and nurtured. But that's not likely either.

Archived