F Parramore & Sons Ltd Smith Street, Sheffield

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

If you get no joy over the information you want,try posting new message for Smith Street, if anyone still living there in their 70's they will be able to assist I am sure.

Parramore's used to let Station Road Methodist Sunday School use their field for games at whitsuntide. That was in the 1940/1950's

When I left school in 1960 having done 2 years commerce course, I got the job of junior secretary to Mr Parramore which was very handy as I lived nearby, but I did not take the job because it only paid £2.10shillings and as my dad had not worked for 2 years we needed every penny I could earn so got a job at Hillsborough instead.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Not sure whether you are still looking for this information. F Parramore was my great great grandfather on my mothers side. The company unfortunately went out of business in the 80's although a part of the business continued to trade until around 2003, but had moved into the centre of Sheffield.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

I am trying to find as much information as possible about a company called

F Parramore & Sons, I think it was formed in 1924 at Smith Street,

Sheffield S35 1WQ.

If anyone has any information on this regarding family, F Parramore and his sons it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Maggie

Parramore tools went bankrupt on a Friday. On the following Monday the directors took over W.H.Clay in the centre of Sheffield and marketed their tools as Paramo tools.

• 2 months later...