Bone grafts for foot operations

Yes I had it done for a torn tendon and collapsed ligaments causing the arch in my foot to collapse. My hip is fine now it is only a small piece they take out only trouble is they damaged a nerve and I now have no feeling in the top of my thigh. This has not been a problem though it sort of feels like that numb feeling you get when an injection is wearing off after having a tooth out.

I had this operation done in 2009 Sunblock.The operation went ok but it took a fair amount of time for the pain to ease off if I am honest.I get a bit of pain in my hip when it's cold or damp weather still and my foot isn't perfect but I am not in pain all the time as before the operation.Hope this helps and good luck.

I had this operation done in 2009 Sunblock.The operation went ok but it took a fair amount of time for the pain to ease off if I am honest.I get a bit of pain in my hip when it's cold or damp weather still and my foot isn't perfect but I am not in pain all the time as before the operation.Hope this helps and good luck.

I think that damaging my nerve might have stopped me feeling the pain in my hip when it's damp weather thankfully. My foot is not perfect either and I find it hard buying shoes to fit as my ankle and heel are still swollen. Boots and sandals are ok though. I had mine done 2007.

Yeh he did say i could be numb after could be for every but might wear off that doesnt worry me its the pain after and obviously i will have some pain from the reconstruction of my foot just dont know what to expect or what a pot is like to have on 6 weeks i have a vision of me with crutches and falling flat on my face. This is one of two ops they can only do the back bit first then they will sort what looks like bunions out at a later date there not that i was born with them :(. He doesnt think my left foot needs doing at the moment though that could be a couple of years if at all.

I think that damaging my nerve might have stopped me feeling the pain in my hip when it's damp weather thankfully. My foot is not perfect either and I find it hard buying shoes to fit as my ankle and heel are still swollen. Boots and sandals are ok though. I had mine done 2007.

I have problem with shoes now thats why im getting it done but not just that the pain and ive developed a bit of a limp too. Can only wear uggs and some sandals too not good at all

Well I still have to wear insoles in my shoes so summer is hard as if I wear sandals my foot and ankle hurts and swells.Silly does your hip hurt if you press on it?mine does.I still have a swollen ankle also.But as I said I was in pain all the time before it was done .

Well I still have to wear insoles in my shoes so summer is hard as if I wear sandals my foot and ankle hurts and swells.Silly does your hip hurt if you press on it?mine does.I still have a swollen ankle also.But as I said I was in pain all the time before it was done .

He said i might have a big boot after the pot is off then maybe some tiny inner soles in one shoe to make sure it stays up the bottom of my foot that is...what did you have yours done at? and what consultant?

Archived