Bone grafts for foot operations

This is where you will be better off in Thornbury . I should have had a catheter fitted but they didn't it was only when I felt sick and in awful pain that they realised this I was brought a bed pan. It took me ages to get on it and it nearly overflowed that was about 14 hours after my op!!! And 2 jugs of water later. They had put me in a ward for people that only stayed in overnight and not even thought about me not feeling the need to go. I couldn't feel the epidural though and they reduced it gradually waiting for me to feel the pain but I never did I think that was because they had damaged the nerve though. I never fell over on my crutches don't worry you will be fine you can always go upstairs and down on your bum if you have to.:hihi:

My daughter had an operation on her foot by Mr flowers last year not the same op but she had it in Thornbury and her treatment was excellent not at all like my experience.

Yeh i had 3 ops done there last year there i know there good, God thats right about about you needing the loo did you not realise that you needed it? eeek i have a really small bladder one of my ops was for that to stretch it and its still tiny i need it all the time. Did the epidural not make you feel sick? Yeh my mum said to go up and down on my bum.

I was 45 when I had my op luvi.Sounds like the other persons has had a better result than I have to be honest as I still wear insoles.As for going upstairs I used to go up on my bottom and hop down holding onto rail lol.You can buy a cover to go over your pot on the internet an you can have a shower ,and they work very well.

Ive had it done now in alot of pain specially with my hip when i stand up kind of stings, my dads ordered something from a company think tis called limbo or something to put over my leg going to try a bath later with my leg out. I only came out of hospital yesterday

Like I said the first 2 weeks are the worse keep taking the painkillers. Make sure that your Mum is in the house when you have your bath it is tricky till you get the hang of it. I put a damp flannel over the edge of the bath so that I had something to stop my hand sliding on the edge when trying to get out. Another thing that I did is make sure that I always had my mobile with me just in case I needed help when upstairs on my own.

Like I said the first 2 weeks are the worse keep taking the painkillers. Make sure that your Mum is in the house when you have your bath it is tricky till you get the hang of it. I put a damp flannel over the edge of the bath so that I had something to stop my hand sliding on the edge when trying to get out. Another thing that I did is make sure that I always had my mobile with me just in case I needed help when upstairs on my own.

Yeh i have lots of tramadol for me even though it gives me blurred vision. I have the nurse coming in a bit to re dress my wound at my hip its so painful my hip is when i go from sitting to standing it proper stings its horrible. I keep having to wake my mum up in the night to help me to the loo nearly gave her a heart attack last night because i fell on her door hehe. I didnt manage to get in the bath i couldnt get in because my hip was agony so ive been having strip washes and managed to wash my hair over the kitchen sink last night with my leg bent on a chair. Yeh i keep my mobile with me coz my mum and dads house is a big they dont always hear me shout so ive been ringing them

• 3 weeks later...
Hows it going now has the pain eased off?

It has a bit not taking the pain killers no where near as much i take two tramadol before bed and that is usually it unless i have been out like today where ive had to have a bit more. Getting more scared now physio will be looming soon eek i have an appt on the 29th to go have xray and the cast of but i have a feeling it could happen this week instead at 4 weeks as i have to go back on wed anyways because i have had that many problems with the cast im on my 4th one my foot has been swelling up so much it has been getting too tight he even though i had DVT last week but thank god i dont.

Are you putting your foot up whenever you sit down ? I was told that my foot should always be raised up even when the pot was off to reduce the swelling. I can remember how skinny and weak my leg looked when they took the pot off but don't worry it soon builds up.

Had the cast off yesterday at 4 weeks said he couldnt believe how well its healed and he might start xraying people at 4 weeks instead of 6 im now in an airboot which i just wear when walking, my foot is so sore and tender and very sensitive hate it far too impatient for all this and the pain has started again :(

Archived