Bone grafts for foot operations

Had the cast off yesterday at 4 weeks said he couldnt believe how well its healed and he might start xraying people at 4 weeks instead of 6 im now in an airboot which i just wear when walking, my foot is so sore and tender and very sensitive hate it far too impatient for all this and the pain has started again :(

It will hurt for quite a while yet but walking helps it as it stretches the tendons. Get the boot on and get walking has he referred you to physio yet?

It will hurt for quite a while yet but walking helps it as it stretches the tendons. Get the boot on and get walking has he referred you to physio yet?

Yeh ive already seen them once go back next tues again. It feels like im being stabbed in my heal when i walk they have had to put like a thick wedge of stuff in the boot which ill just take one away when it gets more comfy till its complelty flat to the floor. One of my wounds keeps bleeding though not sure if thats meant to happen or not. When did your swelling start to go down a bit on your foot?

Mine took a fair time to stop swelling ,infact it still does and I have to wear insoles.You should be over the worse now though you just need to rest it when your not walking.Things must have changed since mine as my pot was on for nearly 7 wk.

Mine also took a long time to stop swelling and even now after 6 years is still a bit swollen but at least it doesn't hurt. I don't think that your wound should be bleeding though mine never did . I would visit your doctor and ask for advice you don't want it becoming infected.

Mine took a fair time to stop swelling ,infact it still does and I have to wear insoles.You should be over the worse now though you just need to rest it when your not walking.Things must have changed since mine as my pot was on for nearly 7 wk.

The pot was meant to be on 6 weeks but because its healed so fast thats why its off and in an airboot. I keep trying to massage it to get rid of the sensitivity not really working yet.

Archived