The NHS could save millions - would you consider 'contributing'?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17769929

Hallam FM are running a story today claiming that almost 10 million pounds could be saved by increasing the number of homebirths, but interestingly, the BBC news has a different spin on things

A friend of mine was hoping to have one for her first, but was taken into hospital after all

Given how things ran with H's arrival, I can't see me being allowed a home birth for my second (if such an event arose)

Would you (or your partner) consider a homebirth?

Do you think there are advantages to homebirthing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17769929

Hallam FM are running a story today claiming that almost 10 million pounds could be saved by increasing the number of homebirths, but interestingly, the BBC news has a different spin on things

A friend of mine was hoping to have one for her first, but was taken into hospital after all

Given how things ran with H's arrival, I can't see me being allowed a home birth for my second (if such an event arose)

Would you (or your partner) consider a homebirth?

Do you think there are advantages to homebirthing?

And why not, in some country's there is no other option for some people other than to have a home birth.

I thought they still had them in England , that's why they have midwives :confused:

Midwives are very important people in hospitals in the UK, the rank of sisters or above.

The natal wards are our one of our greatest priorities.

The welfare and health of our newborn is of the greatest concern to us all.

Don't you have midwives in hospitals in the US?

I just refer to them as maternity nurses, to me a midwife takes care of home deliveries for low risk births ect to save money on the NHS, I thought I was still an on going thing over there, nothing new.

I just refer to them as maternity nurses, to me a midwife takes care of home deliveries for low risk births ect to save money on the NHS, I thought I was still an on going thing over there, nothing new.

You should to keep up date, Mary.

It just goes to show how out of touch your country is. ;)

I'd love a home birth for my next one, but I know it wouldn't be advised. Too many complications - my weight, gestational diabetes and I had a c-section first time round. A friend of mine just had a home birth and said it was wonderful - I'm so envious, my section was awful - just so clinical and Jessops affords no privacy to women having planned sections - you have your baby, you can't hold it until you're out of theatre, and then you're back on the shared ward before you know it, trying to breastfeed when everyone else's visitors are watching you. A home birth sounds like magic to me!

Archived