Mobile Phone Suggestions

I am coming to end of my dependence with my Nokia 6230, it has had a good life and has been a stalwart of reliability, but it is on its last legs now and am wanting a major upgrade.

Secondly, I would like the phone to have good tactile buttons as am not a touch screen fan, so would need to be solid, highy durable and have a good battery life, also, good text messaging and internet access would be good as well has have good network coverage.

Not really got a lot of money but would spend between 50-100 quid on one, can you post some links of deals and model numbers so I can check any suggestions out before purchase, cheers.

£36 a month on O2 for an Iphone 4S, bargain IMO! Next upgrade I'm going for that, probably next August.

O2 has the best coverage in the UK IMO, and UK call centres who do excellent customer service.

£36 a month on O2 for an Iphone 4S, bargain IMO! Next upgrade I'm going for that, probably next August.

O2 has the best coverage in the UK IMO, and UK call centres who do excellent customer service.

You must have more money than sense to tie yourself into a 2yr contract for out of date hardware??

But if you need to follow the herd then I imagine you wouldn't mind paying over the odds.

You must have a good job :thumbsup:

Not only that but you are describing a phone almost the opposite to what the OP has asked for.

To the OP the only phones that would tick all your box's are probably Blackberrys.

Definitely not a Blackberry, how can anyone with sense can seriously use them is beyond me, and I did say something with buttons but not buttons you need a magnifying glass and kiddie fingers to use, I meant proper sized adult ones.

Unfortunately if you want physical buttons failing phones with flip out keyboards you aint going to find owt with decent browsing capabilities.

Unfortunately if you want physical buttons failing phones with flip out keyboards you aint going to find owt with decent browsing capabilities.

Agreed - The smartphones are moving well away from buttons.

It might be a bit girly, assuming you are a bloke, but, as your budget stands at £50 to £100, how about a Samsung Genio Slide? Its touch screen, but does have a slide out keyboard, so you can use both, it might help you get used to touch screens for the future, while still having buttons for the time being. Its got WiFi for browsing, and although not as techy as iPhones and Androids, its not a bad phone, for just a bit more than basics x

You absolutely couldn't have disregarded everything the OP asked for more unless you'd recommended he went out and bought an elephant

I am coming to end of my dependence with my Nokia 6230, it has had a good life and has been a stalwart of reliability, but it is on its last legs now and am wanting a major upgrade.

Secondly, I would like the phone to have good tactile buttons as am not a touch screen fan, so would need to be solid, highy durable and have a good battery life, also, good text messaging and internet access would be good as well has have good network coverage.

Not really got a lot of money but would spend between 50-100 quid on one, can you post some links of deals and model numbers so I can check any suggestions out before purchase, cheers.

Go to Tesco or Carphone warehouse. Carphone warehouse are doing a good deal at moment if you keep your original sim (providing you've had it more tthan six months) you get price reduction on PAYG. I got a Samsung Tocco Lite for £40 instead of £65

Archived