A little plumbing advice needed.

Hi.

So here's the thing, my bathroom sink taps are dripping and I know it's just the washers that need replacing, which I can do.

However I'm using it as an excuse to replace them completely as they're hideous (they were fitted before I moved in)

Now in my previous house to turn off the hot water I just shut the hot water valve between the tank and the taps but this house uses a combi-boiler.

So my question is this:

Am I right in assuming that if I shut off the mains water and shut off the electric to the combi I'll also be shutting off the hot feed too ?

Hi.

So here's the thing, my bathroom sink taps are dripping and I know it's just the washers that need replacing, which I can do.

However I'm using it as an excuse to replace them completely as they're hideous (they were fitted before I moved in)

Now in my previous house to turn off the hot water I just shut the hot water valve between the tank and the taps but this house uses a combi-boiler.

So my question is this:

Am I right in assuming that if I shut off the mains water and shut off the electric to the combi I'll also be shutting off the hot feed too ?

Yes you're correct. If you turn off the mains stop tap and open the hot taps the water will stop almost immediately.

Hi.

So my question is this:

When I fit taps I put an isolation valve in and connect the tap pipe to that, gives you an individual shut off option.

Yes you're correct. If you turn off the mains stop tap and open the hot taps the water will stop almost immediately.

Thanks, much appreciated.

When I fit taps I put an isolation valve in and connect the tap pipe to that, gives you an individual shut off option.

Yeah, that's part of the plan in replacing the taps. Still tempted to replace the whole thing as it's pretty old

Archived