Hifi shop on Nursery Street

Many years before the mentioned shop, there was a terrific Hi-Fi shop on Ecclesall Rd just up from the corner Co-Op building on the opposite side, I think the owners at the time lived on the premises, on a trip to Sheffield many years later found his adult son had a similar business on London Rd.

Yes, Sheffield Hi-Fi Centre, bought a Kenwood cassette deck from there, er....cassettes are tape based record & replay devices for any younger forumers who may be reading this!

They also made a small player you could carry around with you, plug in some headphones and voila......music on the move, fantastic these cassettes could hold 25 maybe 30 songs!, yes that's 30 not 3000:hihi:.

Regards, acman

Yes, Sheffield Hi-Fi Centre, bought a Kenwood cassette deck from there, er....cassettes are tape based record & replay devices for any younger forumers who may be reading this!

They also made a small player you could carry around with you, plug in some headphones and voila......music on the move, fantastic these cassettes could hold 25 maybe 30 songs!, yes that's 30 not 3000:hihi:.

Regards, acman

Yes I used to supply them as well but damned if I can remember their names, memory like a sieve these days. He always sauntered around in his vest. I used to get there at about 9 in the morning and never get out until after lunch, endless cups of tea and take it in turns with whichever other rep was in to fetch the butties!

Yes I used to supply them as well but damned if I can remember their names, memory like a sieve these days. He always sauntered around in his vest. I used to get there at about 9 in the morning and never get out until after lunch, endless cups of tea and take it in turns with whichever other rep was in to fetch the butties!

reg and Elsie bishop and the son was neil

Regards, acman

it was the sheffield sound centre