Name of doctor 1980's woodhouse

Now I'm confused. The directory entry (click here) shows Dr Burrow next door to Woodhouse Central Club. But I'm not familiar with the area, being from t' other side o' town...;)

You were right Hilly. This is No. 4 Beighton Road. Until five or six years ago Dr Burrow's name plate could still be seen on the left hand gate (there is a Beware of the Dogs sign there now).

The building on the left of the picture is the Balmoral Nursing Home which stands where the Woodhouse Central club used to be.

You were right Hilly. This is No. 4 Beighton Road. Until five or six years ago Dr Burrow's name plate could still be seen on the left hand gate....
Thanks Jim - it did seem unlikely that the Kelly's directory would be wrong.
I thought Dr Burrows lived there. Dr Androwski (sp)? was on Station Road Dr Rooney Church street.
The directory shows "Dr A.Z. Andrzejowski" at 53 Station Road.

Dr Burrows was my Doctor and lived with his wife and 4 or 5 children next to the working mens club.

Dr Androski 's surgery was on Station Rd.

Dr Rooney first took council house on the Badger Estate for his surgery and then moved nearer to the village at the top of Tillotson Rd.

Dr Jackson occupied the big house which is now Newton Croft, it was said he left his house to the old people of Woodhouse.

hazel

Dr Burrows was my Doctor and lived with his wife and 4 or 5 children next to the working mens club.

Dr Androski 's surgery was on Station Rd.

Dr Rooney first took council house on the Badger Estate for his surgery and then moved nearer to the village at the top of Tillotson Rd.

Dr Jackson occupied the big house which is now Newton Croft, it was said he left his house to the old people of Woodhouse.

hazel

Thanks for jogging my memory of course it was Dr Rooney who started off on the Badger Estate

Archived