Do you have good white teeth?

Do you have white teeth?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have white teeth?

• Yes
    • No

In the days of Charles II people, espescially women, used to have their teeth dyed black to show how rotten they were.

This showed they were rich enough enjoy and afford sugar.

A rare commodity in those days.

In the days of Charles II people, espescially women, used to have their teeth dyed black to show how rotten they were.

This showed they were rich enough enjoy and afford sugar.

A rare commodity in those days.

That's interesting, also didn't the upper class keep their skin very pale to show they didn't need to work outside in the fields.

Mine are straight and sound, with no fillings, and they're clean too, but they aren't white. I was given antibiotics as a young child which caused discolouration of the enamel in my adult teeth during their formation, so they are a bit yellow and no amount of whitening toothpastes will clean the yellow layer out of them.

Still, I'd rather have slightly yellow but strong and healthy teeth than some people's I know, which are much whiter but are full of holes or have needed huge dental intervention.

Some nicotine staining, one capped, few fillings.

They bite through things so I'm happy, but let's face it they aren't designed to last forever.

I'm tempted to save up and have them all replaced with cobalt chrome in due course.

Archived