Do you have good white teeth?

Do you have white teeth?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have white teeth?

• Yes
    • No

I put yes,im 52 and still have all my own teeth..i think i probably need some white fillings to the front 2 as they need replacing..Dentist says not,but im aware they are getting slighty discoloured..I get free nhs treatment at the moment,dentist said if i want them doing i would have to pay full cost.Which im considering having done for my own piece of mind..ive always took pride in my teeth, i think its the 1 thing people notice first when they meet you.

The problem that we have in this country is that dentists don't have to work in the NHS, and don't have to see NHS patients. They make loadsa money charging people for private treatment, because for most of us there is no alternative. Also, there is a massive shortage of dentists in the UK because they get so much money from private practice that hardly any of them are prepared to teach the subject at Uni, where they would be paid much less, and so we have a shortage of dentists in training. All this means that they can increase their prices even further.

This is all down to a major error during the formation of the NHS, weak government, and something that every subsequent government should be thoroughly ashamed of. Nothing effective has been done about it since. Our only option is to import dentists now. If we really have given up on having a decent NHS dental service, then lets have a bit of free-market competition to bring the prices down. To do that, we need more dentists! End of. :rant:

I eat chocolate and drink coffee,but i brush my teeth after,so the british having bad teeth must surley be a myth..where is the evidence to support that statement.

Many dentists years ago did extensive work to peoples teeth,even though there was probably nothing wrong with them..they were making money hand over fist at one time.Those days are now gone,i think they are only given a set amount now to subsidise the work they do..So no wonder theres not many taking nhs on now.

Archived