Queens Jubilee Celebrations Weekend June 1st -June 5th

Bruno

Has anyone made plans for this weekend?

Whether it be street parties or out to the pub/ clubbing it?

Has any of you made any special plans for this weekend? The hype for this will soon take place.

I'll have downloaded the Sex Pistols 'God Save the Queen' and be hoping it made it to number one. Other than that I'll try to stay away from the media and royalist venues as much as possible. The hype for the royal family has being going on for centuries. Nothing against the lady personally, but I just don't see why we should celebrate how long she and her family have been living off the taxpayer just because quite by accident they were born into or married into a particular family. They're independently rich and would still attract tourists even if we didn't keep them in the lifestyle to which they're so accustomed.

On the Saturday I'll be going round the Three Valleys Beer Festival in the Dronfield area - beer, cider, music and food across 10 venues linked by a free bus service - http://www.threevalleysfestival.org.uk

well, with a 4-day weekend, it would be rude not to book some flights off this bloody island...

but before I go we'll be brewing a nice republican anti-jubilee beer...

• 3 weeks later...

Also on Jubilee weekend (other than the Three Valleys Festival)...

The Commercial in Chapeltown is holding a beer festival

The New Barrack Tavern in Hillsborough is having a charity weekend including pub olympics.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived