What are my rights for a refund?

As it says in the OP, some are franchises, some are direct run by the company itself.

Oh dear, mental note.. read the thread properly.:blush:

However, any contract of sale is made at the place or store the item is purchased from.

Just an Update, Been in contact with customer services who have got the Area manager to contact me.

After speaking to him he has agreed to collect money from Scunthorpe store and deliver it to my local branch for a refund.

What a Jolly nice man:)

Just an Update, Been in contact with customer services who have got the Area manager to contact me.

After speaking to him he has agreed to collect money from Scunthorpe store and deliver it to my local branch for a refund.

That's a good outcome; glad to hear you got it resolved to your satisfaction.

Goes to show there are some decent.companies out there and.not.all staff are the same

Pleased a good outcome was received.and good.on that man at Cash Converters.

My Father bought my son a Toshiba laptop from Cash Converters in Scunthorpe last weekend, unfortunately the laptop is faulty with a number of the keys inoperative on the keyboard.

I rang the store up and spoke with the manager who told me i had to bring it back to Scunthorpe for a refund. I told him i am 57 miles away and 114 mile round trip is out of the question and would i be able to take it back to my local store.

Now i understand there are corporate stores and franchise stores and Scunthorpe is a corporate store so i should be able to take it back to another corporate store right? Wrong!

So this raises the question "Am I in rights to demand a cash refund from my local store?"

I am very surprised they will exchange it as you should have tested the keyboard before purchase.I would return it to a local store and suggest they return it tos Cunthorpe for a refund.

Archived