Labour Lord tells voter not to vote Labour in London Mayoral Election.

Alan Sugar, Labour Lord and benefactor to the Labour Party has tweeted 1.8 million Londoners telling then not to vote for Ken Livingstone in the Mayoral Election.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9214685/Labours-Lord-Sugar-Dont-vote-for-Ken-Livingstone.html

Labour's Lord Sugar: Don't vote for Ken Livingstone

Lord Sugar, the star of the BBC’s apprentice, has urged his fellow Labour supporters not to vote for Ken Livingstone as London Mayor.

The Labour peer defied Ed Miliband by telling his 1.8 million followers on Twitter to reject the party's official candidate.

The intervention could amount to a breach of party rules and is likely to damage the Labour campaign.

“I don't care if Ed Miliband is backing Livingstone,” Lord Sugar wrote. “I seriously suggest NO ONE votes for Livingstone in the Mayoral elections.”

He added that the contest between the Conservative, Boris Johnson, and Mr Livingstone was a “real issue”. “Livingstone must NOT get in.”

As he has paid (sorry, donated) over £750,000 to Labour's coffers to buy his knighthood and peerage he probably reckons he's paid over the odds. I think Millibrain can take this broadside from his lordship that he won't giving them any more money.

he said not to vote Livingstone. Not not vote Labour. Livingstone started out as an independent candidate.

Hang on a minute. Livingstone stood as OFFICIAL Labour candidate at the last election which he lost, and is standing as OFFICIAL Labour candidate at this election. Could you please explain how Lord Sugar telling people not to vote for Livingstone was anything other than a request not to vote for the Labour candidate? Its pretty difficult not voting for Livingstone but stll voting Labour.

Mod Note

One post removed for masked swearing, the rest were removed for quoting or referring to deleted posts.

If you don't think the word you want to use will get through the profanity filter, don't try to be clever and use misspellings, special characters or asterisks in order to use it.

Try using a word that isn't going to upset the filter instead.

Personally, I think the London Mayor thing is a personality vote. Not a vote for any particular party. It's a case of who do you 'like' best? Ken or Boris. Personally, I kinda like Boris. He's kinda madcap and a bit of a bufoon, but I just like him. However I wouldn't dream of voting conservative! I guess a lot of Londoners feel the same way. One way or the other!

Archived