Petition to stop dishonest scrapmen and make room for honest ones

I just wonder how you think this petition will change anything since nothing is done to stop the unlicensed scrap men from taking stuff without asking?

its not just unlicensed ones that are taking stuff without asking though - its the ones with too - the one who came on mine - his gaffer showed me his licence but as i said to him this doesnt give him licence to steal or trespass (which walking round the back of someones house and all the way down their garden is when they havent even knocked at the front door)

at min they too are getting away with it by just showing licence to Police and lying saying - well the person gave it us so u cant prove otherwise - your word against theirs -

so what we plan to do is make it harder to apply for a licence in the first place and also the ones that have them now have to conform or have licence revoked

ie - on the licence it should clearly state they cant trespass and most knock at door - anyone reported not doing so will have licence revoked (and loads of people are behind this so have advised them to report everything - description of person and reg numbers, dates and times etc)

or better still make them have to have a loud speaker (which arent expensive) and make them shout out to house owners (which some do now anyway)

and also some leave business cards asking you to call them - could write on back when they calling (like the rag clothes men do)

The Police are already cracking down on this anyway (see link above someone has kindly put on from The Star)

so hopefully the more people on the look out the quicker we will get rid of the Dishonest ones and make room for the Honest ones who are trying to make an Honest living (ie the ones who already leave business cards and use loud speakers) then the Honest ones will make more money too

Facebook petition started to stop the unhonest scrap men (and make room for honest ones) started - please join at - Petition to stop scrap people stealing our stuff and trespassing - Thank you x

I agree something has to be done it has become a nightmare,but a petition seems a bit odd as the ones I come across really couldn,t give a damn but if it works great but it seems to me as pointless as having a petition against burglars or car thieves ie they might not take any notice!

All we need is to tweak the law on waste transfer notes for metal. At the moment it's basically a slap on the wrist, maybe a small fine if they don't have them. Tweak it to seizure and crushing of the vehicle in which the undocumented items were being transported for second offence and you'd put the theiving scumbags out of "business"/massive thieving in a month.

All we need is to tweak the law on waste transfer notes for metal. At the moment it's basically a slap on the wrist, maybe a small fine if they don't have them. Tweak it to seizure and crushing of the vehicle in which the undocumented items were being transported for second offence and you'd put the theiving scumbags out of "business"/massive thieving in a month.

Doing away with cash payments would be a good addition to your above. Which I believe is coming into force..or being considered.

Sounds like a great idea and totally agree with you - thanks

Archived