'Hypocrite' Ken Livingstone Admits to using Private Healthcare.

Doesn't that fall to the health authorities though? I don't believe that central government manages the budget at that level; they just decide what the budget is going to be.

And, again, this is something that's been happening since 1948 when the NHS was founded - ever (bar two) year the amount spent on it goes up, usually by well above the rate of inflation: and yet every year the amount of beds, nurses and doctors, goes down. If it is the fault of "the government," then even Nye Bevan's Labour party were guilty of it, just as much as Thatcher's goverment.

Central Government allocate the over all budget but the heath authorities have to distribute that money as best they can in the hospitals.

If Smarmy Dave or one of the Tories on here had an accident I bet they wouldn't refuse getting into an NHS owned ambulance, just because they don't agree with the concept of free health provision, so would that also make them hypocrites?

They don't disagree with "free" health provision (it's not free, we pay for it), so how would that situation be hypocritical?

The point why lefties are hypocritical for using private health care is that they vehemently argue against it.

--

They don't disagree with "free" health provision (it's not free, we pay for it), so how would that situation be hypocritical?

The point why lefties are hypocritical for using private health care is that they vehemently argue against it.

--

One also as to remember that most of the people that use it, don’t pay for it, and most of the people that pay for it, don’t use it. :)

I'm no great fan of Livingstone, but championing and contributing towards quality healthcare for all while paying to go private because you can afford to is not really hypocritical, is it?

If everyone who could afford private healthcare paid for it, the NHS would have a lot more resources.

--

Who does? Can you provide an example of a person who uses private healthcare but 'vehemently argues against it'?

Just one will do.

Considering that you are claiming that all people with left wing views are opposed to private healthcare, it shouldn't be to hard to find an example. Unless you are wrong, of course!

I'm no great fan of Livingstone, but championing and contributing towards quality healthcare for all while paying to go private because you can afford to is not really hypocritical, is it?

If everyone who could afford private healthcare paid for it, the NHS would have a lot more resources.

I agree, although there are those that will argue that wealth shouldn't afford you better treatment.

Anyone with views to the left of yours is hypocritical? What a very mature and well considered argument. Are all Liberals smelly poo poos, or do you include them in the term 'lefties'?

That isn't what I said and you know it isn't, read it again :rolleyes:

It is hypocritical because it send out the message that the NHS isn't good enough for him but OK for the prolls. It's a bit like the shadow cabinet sending their kids to private schools, which of course many of them do.

Archived