New Thoresby market owners

I went last week, was charged £2.50 parking which is normal, but was only about 20 stalls, 3 of them selling mobile phone stuff, they were all circled around the toilets and not set out in a walk user way, I kept having to go back on myself to find which stalls I had not looked at. Was speaking to a woman who served me my jacket potato, she said everyone was complaining, it took me 15 mins to walk around it, 5 mins of that was spent buying a battery for my phone, I wont be going again.

Would this be due to time of year, weather etc? Might get more stalls in summer. I went to Ingoldmells (largest outdoor market in Europe, 220 stalls etc) last week and there were about 15 open.

Yes it has changed. The old style of walking round like Ikea was great, you got to see all traders , all be it a bit crowded. We went today 22nd April, and I would say they were less than 25% of the original traders there, and they could be divided into burger vans, Staydry type youths clothes stalls , diy , music, funfairs and the odd individual stall holder. Very and I mean VERY disappointing. I live local and it was a great 2,3 hour event. We got round in < 1hr and that included doubling back and forth due to the poor layout. Seriously do not recommend:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Would this be due to time of year, weather etc? Might get more stalls in summer. I went to Ingoldmells (largest outdoor market in Europe, 220 stalls etc) last week and there were about 15 open.

No, this time of year its always packed, usually having to use two fields for car parking, last week they only needed one field which had plenty of space in it cos everyone was leaving within the hour. Ive been going there every year for a browse for the past 20 years or so, Ive never seen it as bad as it was the other day, and apparently the stalls prices are going up so there may be even less sellers then.

No, this time of year its always packed, usually having to use two fields for car parking, last week they only needed one field which had plenty of space in it cos everyone was leaving within the hour. Ive been going there every year for a browse for the past 20 years or so, Ive never seen it as bad as it was the other day, and apparently the stalls prices are going up so there may be even less sellers then.

Did you tell them you was going?

• 2 months later...

The £2.50 parking price for the market has been altered to 50 pence per person as of last weekend. This is to coincide with National Markets Fortnight but the offer will remain until the end of 2012.

More traders are attending too I hear, quite a few from Donington Market.

Archived