The men who fought for your right to walk in the peak district.

My grandad was also on this walk.. I picked up a copy of the History magazine which had a double spread photo of some of the ramblers. There were over 400 who trespassed that day.. There are 2 in the photo who could possibly be my grandad!!!!!

10 years ago, Countryfile did a feature and showed a video of the ramblers - and there was grandad striding along in front of the cameras!!! I did ring the BBC to see if I could have a copy (spotted it too late to video it and there was no iPlayer in them days!!!!) but they wouldn't oblige!!!

Keeping an eye on Countryfile this next couple of weeks to see if they repeat it!!! :hihi: :hihi:

If you want to celebrate the anniversary, there will be a ceilidh in the Broomhall Centre this Sunday 29th, in commemoration. Run by the Well Dressed Band, starting 7.30 pm (or thereabouts!). Entrance £5 and bring something in the food line for all to share during the interval.

Archived