Abandoned van in front of my house

Wanting some help or advice, I have for the last few days had a van parked outside my front door it has not been moved nor has anyone been to it at all since it was parked there. nobody knows who parked it in front of my house or anything about it but it is really doing my head in, if my parents come to visit they can't park in front of my house because of this van so I am wanting to know what I can do if anything

Thanks

Wanting some help or advice, I have for the last few days had a van parked outside my front door it has not been moved nor has anyone been to it at all since it was parked there. nobody knows who parked it in front of my house or anything about it but it is really doing my head in, if my parents come to visit they can't park in front of my house because of this van so I am wanting to know what I can do if anything

Thanks

Does it show any signs of being a stolen vehicle? If so call the police

Is it showing a valid vehicle excise duty disc? If so, it's probably completely legal to park outside your house.

Is there room for your parents to park either side of the van or a little further along the road?

Are you one of those people that think the road directly outside your house is yours?

Do you falsely believe that when your car is parked directly outside it is somehow safer and will never be damaged or stolen?

Answers on a postcard please.

Is there room for your parents to park either side of the van or a little further along the road?

Are you one of those people that think the road directly outside your house is yours?

Do you falsely believe that when your car is parked directly outside it is somehow safer and will never be damaged or stolen?

Answers on a postcard please.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: It's good job he dun't live on here

The legal position is as the poster as stated above if it is taxed and insured and is road worthy then there is nothing you can do as you have no predetermined right to the parking space outside your property.

However, as others have said look at the vehicle does it have a tax disc, is it unlocked , does it show signs of been stolen - if any of these apply ring 101 and tell them they can do a check and if needed get help to you .

If it is still there in few days and is taxed etc I would still ring 101 and just tell them so then can check on the computer to see if its listed.

As long as the van is not parked illegally and has current road tax theres not a lot the OP can do about it. It may be inconsiderate but isn't a crime to park a vehicle and leave it somewhere for a few days
does this count if its in a residents parking permit area :huh::hihi:

Archived