Abandoned van in front of my house

but couldnt bring yourself round to acknowledge the person who pointed it out to you:hihi:

HeadingNorth? Do you think he was wanting some kind of name check?

Good point, there was a change wasn't there.
Looks like sufficient acknowledgement to me.

we live on a busy road with loads of cars parked up, there's one neighbour who seems to hate anyone apart from him parking outside his house so he will purposely park his car to take up 2 spaces.

as one posted pointed out on here he doesnt own/rent the road in front of his house.

to the OP. as long as the vehicle is taxed tested etc it could be parked outside your house forever!.

if there's a valid tax disc on it, and it's not parked in a restricted area, then you have no cause for complaint at all. The area just in front of somebody's house is just as much anybody else's as yours, and they can leave a car or a van on it as long as they want as long as it's not breaking any law. Human beings kind of get used to parking in the same place even though they have no claim on this particular place whatsoever, and get annoyed if there's some obstruction. Just because their house is further away from the parking spot than yours is, is completely irrelevant. If having a particular exclusive place to park your car, or allow somebody else to park theirs is so important to you, I'd suggest buying or renting a property with a driveway, in which case yes you would have cause for complaint if somebody left a vehicle there.

if there's a valid tax disc on it, and it's not parked in a restricted area, then you have no cause for complaint at all. The area just in front of somebody's house is just as much anybody else's as yours, and they can leave a car or a van on it as long as they want as long as it's not breaking any law. Human beings kind of get used to parking in the same place even though they have no claim on this particular place whatsoever, and get annoyed if there's some obstruction. Just because their house is further away from the parking spot than yours is, is completely irrelevant. If having a particular exclusive place to park your car, or allow somebody else to park theirs is so important to you, I'd suggest buying or renting a property with a driveway, in which case yes you would have cause for complaint if somebody left a vehicle there.

Didn't bother to read all the existing replies?

mate had the same problem...his van is parked up until 2am...then he goes to work...its back for 7am every morning...

been reported to police several times that it is abandoned because nobody ever sees it move...also it is registered in wakefield where his boss has his garage..

somebody has no claim on the area just outside their house at all. Get used to it. Wasting police time by ringing them up continually about it won't help. Why not call the police up to complain if they get the topping wrong on your next pizza delivery as well - you'll have considerably more grounds for complaint.

somebody has no claim on the area just outside their house at all. Get used to it. Wasting police time by ringing them up continually about it won't help. Why not call the police up to complain if they get the topping wrong on your next pizza delivery as well - you'll have considerably more grounds for complaint.

Disturbing the pizza :D

if there was a van parked just outside where I live, yes I probably would ring the police up about it after about a week if it hadn't moved once during that time. But not because I felt that I was some sort of victim, just because it occupied a space where I might want to park my car.

I'd do it because I'd know the driver might have died, gone missing, been hospitalised, etc and that was why it had been abandoned, and his family or the authorities might want to know where the vehicle was.

Archived