Bath Hotel Sheffield

Doom

Has this pub now been taken over by Thornbridge?

I was just reading the online version of Beer Matters and an interview with those good folks at Thornbridge seemed to suggest it had, although there wasn't any sign of it when I last went in last week.

I know the Bath is considered one of the better real ale pubs in Sheffield, but me and my mates have never got on with it and usually walk in and straight out again. If Thornbridge have taken it over then I can see myself drinking there a lot more often in the future, as long as their prices aren't silly.

Regards

Doom

I hope they haven't!

Thornbridge already own Dada Bar nearby, and there are plenty of other places I would go to for Thornbridge beer already. (Was drinking Thornbridge Topaz in the Chesterfield Arms only yesterday)

The Bath Hotel has always been quiet whenever I've been in, but it's a good place to unwind and every time I've been in there has always been at least 1 real humdinger of a beer on the bar.

That is a shame. There was nothing wrong with it before - a lovely pub with good beer and efficient friendly staff.

I hope they don't ruin it by ripping everything out and making it a clone Thornbridge place. I'm all for them taking over rubbish pubs or building pubs where there wasn't one before. But they have to watch they don't become the enemy rather than the friend of the cask ale drinker. The keg stuff and the empire-building worries me a bit. Not to mention the A4E link.

I'm led to believe the Bath reopens as a Thornbridge pub on 3rd May 8pm following some 'gentle tlc'.

Main changes I imagine will be beer range and food, the interior of the pub is listed in a national inventory of heritage pub interiors so I would hope that won't change too much.

Archived