Bath Hotel Sheffield

Doom

Will there still be value for money food served at lunchtimes?

We will be offering food at lunchtimes from next week. We will be trimming down the menu hugely, at least to start with, and then adding more to it over time in order to make sure we don't waste the limited kitchen space!

We'll be making fresh soup on the premises with a warm roll (£2.50 or £5 with a selected pint), as well as offering sandwiches and pork pies. On Saturdays starting next week we also plan to offer roast pork sandwiches for £2.50 throughout the afternoon (or for as long as the joint of meat lasts).

I'm open to suggestions if you would like to see anything in particular on the menu.

We will be offering food at lunchtimes from next week. We will be trimming down the menu hugely, at least to start with, and then adding more to it over time in order to make sure we don't waste the limited kitchen space!

We'll be making fresh soup on the premises with a warm roll (£2.50 or £5 with a selected pint), as well as offering sandwiches and pork pies. On Saturdays starting next week we also plan to offer roast pork sandwiches for £2.50 throughout the afternoon (or for as long as the joint of meat lasts).

I'm open to suggestions if you would like to see anything in particular on the menu.

Edd. Will you be getting in some traditional chemical beer such as cask stones, john smiths or magnet? Sorry, i can't stand real ale, I must have some kind if wheat allergy, just can't drink the stuff. But pubs like the Bath tend to be the only chav free zones without a tv etc which is good.

Edd. Will you be getting in some traditional chemical beer such as cask stones, john smiths or magnet? Sorry, i can't stand real ale, I must have some kind if wheat allergy, just can't drink the stuff. But pubs like the Bath tend to be the only chav free zones without a tv etc which is good.

I'm sorry to say thats not on the cards at the moment. I'm planning on getting some gluten free beer in bottles though if thats any good to you!

Other than that we'll have a Bernard lager and Bernard dark on keg as well as a couple of Thornbridge kegs. For cider I'm going to stick with the Thatchers gold that Brian has in as well as having a handpull scrumpy on...hopefully we'll find something that you like.

Thornbridge do a range of keg beers as well these days. From beers like Chiron & Jaipur which are also available on cask to beers such as Versa & Mechelen which are not.

However, you would be well advised to check the prices of keg beers before ordering.

I'm sorry to say thats not on the cards at the moment. I'm planning on getting some gluten free beer in bottles though if thats any good to you!

Other than that we'll have a Bernard lager and Bernard dark on keg as well as a couple of Thornbridge kegs. For cider I'm going to stick with the Thatchers gold that Brian has in as well as having a handpull scrumpy on...hopefully we'll find something that you like.

Not really a draught lager or cider drinker.

I don't know what my prob is with real ale. I used to drink it ok in the New Barrak Tavern, then about 10 years ago my gutts just couldn't cope with the stuff. All it takes is a 1/4 pint to set the upset stomach off.

I'll have to have a scan of the pumps to see what I'm safe with. The light ales tend to be the worst for me. I used to love Barnsley bitter and moonshine. but cant cope with them now. Anything that smells and tastes remotely like microwaved wheetabix is a no go.

It seems Thornbridge have enjoyed success to the point where people now are beginning turn on them and want them to fail :confused:. Fairly standard for the good folk of Sheffield.

Thornbridge do very good beer, although it is overpriced. I don't think anyone has a problem with their success as such, it's just that they're buying up too many places and creating homogeneity where there should be diversity. The beauty of the real ale scene is it's variety and the opportunities for small scale, independant establishments. If something happens to threaten that, it can cause resentment.

Archived