Bath Hotel Sheffield

Doom

Hmmmmmm, Another Thronbridge pub, yaaaaawn!!!!They must have made millions lol! Three establishments in a month how? Shhh Quick get rid of the a4e gains before anybody notices! Although the beauchief is brewkitchen is it not? Same director though! Forgive me for being über suspicious just seems a bit odd that's all

Brewkitchen... are they the ones that do the 'special cakes'? They're 'out of this world' so I've heard :hihi:

Tried the the bath Hotel last night. I'm not a real ale fan due to the adverse effects it has on my insides. The new company has done away with Greenking IPA which was a good John Smiths substitute. I tested 3 of the bitters which had that distinct warm wheetabix taste. I might as well have drunk my own Bath water if you pardon the pun.

The pub was full of rather posh sounding sotherners who where just probably into the scene. Didn't notice any olf the old Sheffield regulars where where the heart and soul of the pub and made anyone welcome.

Without Brian and the old regulars, the pub has lost its heart and soul. Its now just one of those trendy real ale pubs that attracts toffs with beards. So sad to see the pub loose its self. You don't realise how much of the landlords personality is absorbed into the pub until they have gone.

Brian, please get board of family life and return to the pub industry. I'm sure many of us would drink in an establishment again.

You could put the soul back into the sportsman?

Without Brian and the old regulars, the pub has lost its heart and soul. Its now just one of those trendy real ale pubs that attracts toffs with beards.

I'll probably be drinking more often there now and I wouldn't describe myself as a toff and I certainly don't have a beard.

In fact I might be in there today with my mates before heading up to the beer festival. No doubt our conversation will revolve around football (they're 3Owls and I'm a Blade), ice hockey (we all watch the Steelers), films and maybe a bit of politics thrown in for good measure.....Isn't that the sort of things 'normal' people talk about in 'normal' pubs?

Regards

Doom

In fact I might be in there today with my mates before heading up to the beer festival. No doubt our conversation will revolve around football (they're 3 Owls and I'm a Blade)...

I was in there a year ago and Mel Sterland was there propping up the bar, or rather the bar was propping him up. Whether you'd be able to have a conversation about anything with him is moot.

I`ll be in there later today. Sorry but I do have a beard and I think Greene King ought to have been kept on at The Bath because it does actually taste like the afore-mentioned bath water. I wouldn`t wash in John Smiths or any smoothflow rubbish.

Tried the the bath Hotel last night. I'm not a real ale fan due to the adverse effects it has on my insides. The new company has done away with Greenking IPA which was a good John Smiths substitute. I tested 3 of the bitters which had that distinct warm wheetabix taste. I might as well have drunk my own Bath water if you pardon the pun.

The pub was full of rather posh sounding sotherners who where just probably into the scene. Didn't notice any olf the old Sheffield regulars where where the heart and soul of the pub and made anyone welcome.

Without Brian and the old regulars, the pub has lost its heart and soul. Its now just one of those trendy real ale pubs that attracts toffs with beards. So sad to see the pub loose its self. You don't realise how much of the landlords personality is absorbed into the pub until they have gone.

Brian, please get board of family life and return to the pub industry. I'm sure many of us would drink in an establishment again.

You could put the soul back into the sportsman?

I can only conclude that your judgement's as poor as your insides.

Bad taste, in drinks as in your chauvinistic attitude to others.

Bitter, not retrogo.

I`ll be in there later today. Sorry but I do have a beard and I think Greene King ought to have been kept on at The Bath because it does actually taste like the afore-mentioned bath water. I wouldn`t wash in John Smiths or any smoothflow rubbish.

I think Retrogo needs to try the Thornbridge keg beers. They are horribly expensive yes but they are a million times better then "smoothflow" rubbish.

I couldn't make it to "beer in the Bath" last night, so I drank Buxton Imperial Black IPA in my bath instead!

I think Retrogo needs to try the Thornbridge keg beers. They are horribly expensive yes but they are a million times better then "smoothflow" rubbish.

I couldn't make it to "beer in the Bath" last night, so I drank Buxton Imperial Black IPA in my bath instead!

IPA bitter is a really nice drink, one of only 2 real ales I like. The other I can never remember the name of. Kev, Barracks, serves a dark beer which is like guiness. Now that is good. 4 of them knock me silly.

I don't think they've ruined the Bath, pretty much the same as before, don't forget last night it was all the local journalists, businessmen etc that get invited for PR purposes.

What was interesting was two staple Thornbridge beers - Lord Marples Bitter and Jaipur IPA - werent on the bar - but they were on in Wetherspoons round the corner at £2.05 and £2.39 a pint respectively....

They've also ****** off a lot of local breweries that previously supplied the pub.

Been today and thought it was ok. No sign of the manager. Pretty much unspoilt with just a lick of paint. Beer was 3 Thornbridge (Kipling, Brock, W Swan) plus Dark Star Pale, a Phoenix and an Allgates, so a balance. Not the best guests imo so I wonder if it`ll have more Thornbridge soon due to `popular demand`. Clearly a rushed job though; the only thing that needed sorting in the Bath was the loos (imo) and they`re are still pretty poor, at best. Will re-visit though.

Archived