Bath Hotel Sheffield

Doom

It's true. I hear the regulars are not happy to say the least.

I've heard the locals have stopped using it, my mate went in the other night and he said it was dead.

I thought brewery deregulation was supposed to stop pubs being in the ownership of just a few pubco's?

Personally I think Thornbridge beers are great and they do brew a variety of different styles so it's not like wall to wall Jaipur. If you don't like Thornbridge beers there's plenty of other real ale pubs nearby like the Devonshire Cat or the Ossett Brewery place The Hop.

The only reservation I have about Thornbridge is that the owner's wife is bitch from hell Emma Harrison of A4e fame. Let's hope that when her company gets done for fraud, she gets sent down and her husband can get shut of her!

Which begs the question where is all the money coming from to buy these pubs?!

I've heard the locals have stopped using it, my mate went in the other night and he said it was dead.

I thought brewery deregulation was supposed to stop pubs being in the ownership of just a few pubco's?

Brewery deregulation was to stop breweries owning huge swaths of pubs.

The regulation then worked straight into the arms of the Pubcos who have fleeced and killed the trade ever since. Think Enterprise & Punch.

Which begs the question where is all the money coming from to buy these pubs?!

Which pubs have they bought?

Cricket, Lease.

Greystones, Lease.

Hallamshire, Lease.

Inn at Troway, Lease.

I also doubt they own the buildings of Dada and Relish too. I am unsure about the Bath but a few years ago it was definitely on a lease too.

The formula looks pretty simple. Buy the lease, invest money to free part of the tie, sell your own hand pull. The real proof of their business model will be in 5 years time, when they can see if creating outlets for their own product was wise.

Which pubs have they bought?

Cricket, Lease.

Greystones, Lease.

Hallamshire, Lease.

Inn at Troway, Lease.

I also doubt they own the buildings of Dada and Relish too. I am unsure about the Bath but a few years ago it was definitely on a lease too.

The formula looks pretty simple. Buy the lease, invest money to free part of the tie, sell your own hand pull. The real proof of their business model will be in 5 years time, when they can see if creating outlets for their own product was wise.

If that is the case, then I am wrong as I thought that they actually owned the Highcliffe and the other boozers. But the leases still have to be bought and the pubs refurbished in the first place. But I am sure that with the way his missus runs A4E (All for Emma!) everything will be scrupulously above board.

Brewery deregulation was to stop breweries owning huge swaths of pubs.

The regulation then worked straight into the arms of the Pubcos who have fleeced and killed the trade ever since. Think Enterprise & Punch.

Exactly things were much better before deregulation a perfect example of goverment trying to fix something that not broke and making it worse.

went in Friday night, as an old regular cant really say I enjoyed it. Never really been a fan of Thornbridge beer anyway, it all tastes over-hopped and strong in my opinion. Tried a pint of sequoa (sp?), which is supposed to be one of their milder beers, and wasnt keen. Mate I was with said the Bernard lager was a bit on the crap side. I used to drink the Schneider Weisse wheat beer in there, but theyve got rid of that, and the Bitburger. Seemed to be a few CAMRA beer ponce types in as well. Overall, not really impresed. Might try them again when theyve been open a month or so, but think well stick with Henrys and the Washington from now on.

If that is the case, then I am wrong as I thought that they actually owned the Highcliffe and the other boozers. But the leases still have to be bought and the pubs refurbished in the first place. But I am sure that with the way his missus runs A4E (All for Emma!) everything will be scrupulously above board.

I doubt very much whether there any significant premiums payable for pub leases these days. The pucks

I doubt very much whether there are any significant premiums payable for pub leases these days. The pubcos being happy to just get the rent. With regards the Greystones I seem to remember reading that Punch or Enterprise funded the refurb and this was reflected in the rent

Archived