Bath Hotel Sheffield

Doom

agree with that on all 3 counts!

i do have mixed feelings on the whole ownership thing though... no matter how despicable Emma Harrison and her other business interests may be (allegedly, etc), as a brewer i do feel we should judge a brewery purely on the quality of their output and their business practices - after all, we brew good beers (i think so anyway!), but there are some who consider myself and Gazza to be somewhat opinionated (can't see it myself ;) ), I wouldn't want people to think less of the beers because of that

Er, I have seen a punter walk into Shakespeare's, see DILLIGAF on the bar and proclaim that they weren't drinking it because they didn't get on with you!

That's not an attitude towards breweries I endorse myself though. What matters is the quality of the beer, not whether or not you like the head brewer.

haha, quite appropriate the beer was called DILLIGAF then!

Just meant there was more DILLIGAF for me really! :D

I think they had Summer Wine Rouge Hop on at the same time so quite frankly I was rather happy with the choice of ale.

• 3 weeks later...

Visited the Bath Hotel for 1st time since takeover yesterday afternoon. The good news is other then giving it a lick of paint they've left the decor pretty much intact.

I had a rather uninteresting beer from Partners and a very good pint of Sequoia (sparker off for that one if you don't mind!). Cask ale range is good with 3 guests, bottle & kegged beer range is tilted heavily towards Thornbridge's own stuff. I do however wish that when it comes to dark beer, you didn't find yourself facing St Petersburg and little else so very often in Thornbridge pubs.

It's still a good pub, but I have to say other then the decor I can't see why I would choose the Bath Hotel over DaDa.

• 8 months later...

went a couple of weeks ago for the first time really nice clean pub with friendly service.

Although I drink lager they are real ale fans everything was well kept but we all thought it was on the pricey side it was well over £3 for regular lager.

Archived