Bath Hotel Sheffield

Doom

The Bath Hotel has always been quiet whenever I've been in, but it's a good place to unwind and every time I've been in there has always been at least 1 real humdinger of a beer on the bar.

That's what always put me off the Bath Hotel, I generally like the stronger beers and whenever I've been in they're usually between 3 and 4.5%.

At least with Thornbridge running the place there should be more beers that appeal to my taste buds.

Regards

Doom

That's what always put me off the Bath Hotel, I generally like the stronger beers and whenever I've been in they're usually between 3 and 4.5%.

At least with Thornbridge running the place there should be more beers that appeal to my taste buds.

Regards

Doom

Oh I've had some good 5%+ beers in there before. Although I must admit my current favourite beer style at the moment is a good sessionable pale ale. Oakham Citra being a prime example.

But at least with the Bath Hotel you used to get guest beers, Something different that you won't get with Thornbridge and their tendency not to have guest beers on cask.

Thornbridge - Enough Already!!

It made a nice change when they first came on the scene and taking over dumps and turning them into pleasant drinking establishments is excellent, but taking over an already wonderful pub and putting the Thornbridge brand all over it is a sure fire way to lose friends.

Oh I've had some good 5%+ beers in there before. Although I must admit my current favourite beer style at the moment is a good sessionable pale ale. Oakham Citra being a prime example.

But at least with the Bath Hotel you used to get guest beers, Something different that you won't get with Thornbridge and their tendency not to have guest beers on cask.

Maybe I've just been unlucky, but virtually everytime I've had a look in The Bath Hotel I've walked out again without buying a pint because nothing has caught my eye.

My current favourite beer style is the black IPA (should that be IBA). I really enjoy Raven and had a fabulous Kelham Island one (Big Black Blue Sound?) in Hull.

Regards

Doom

My current favourite beer style is the black IPA (should that be IBA). I really enjoy Raven and had a fabulous Kelham Island one (Big Black Blue Sound?) in Hull.

Best one of those IMHO is Buxton Imperial Black IPA, and happily I have a bottle of that at home.

In all honesty though, I like a variety of beer, and one gripe that a lot of people have with Thornbridge is that their range is tilted heavily towards the hoppy stuff. Nothing wrong with a balanced range of beer in a pub catering for a wide range of beery tastes.

If true, it will be another decent alehouse ruined by Thornbridge.

Not always agreed with you Meaks, but I agree on this one.

Not a fan of Thornbridge beers at all, and they seem to becoming to try and buy up locals and brand them as they see fit.

Not good. :nono:

Archived