Bath Hotel Sheffield

Doom

hmmm - disappointed in this news. Thornbridge are risking doing a south yorkshire version of Greene King at this rate! how long before they buy out acorn / brew company / crown etc....

I think that Thornbridge are one of the very last companies that at least 1 of those breweries would want to be taken over by.

To be honest though, I think Thornbridge are one of those breweries who are more interested in collaboration brews with other breweries then taking them over. And the bigger "craft" breweries such as Thornbridge & Brewdog haven't started taking over other breweries as yet.

I think that Thornbridge are one of the very last companies that at least 1 of those breweries would want to be taken over by.

To be honest though, I think Thornbridge are one of those breweries who are more interested in collaboration brews with other breweries then taking them over. And the bigger "craft" breweries such as Thornbridge & Brewdog haven't started taking over other breweries as yet.

aye, yet. i just fear that it could be next on the agenda - supply, then real estate and pub leases come first, then start to control the local rivals.... i hope they dont though.

i'm partial to a Wild Swan and an occasional Jaipur, but i really don't want them to get too much bigger - their beers are now over represented in sheffield imo.

and now i know the A4e thing, i can't help but let it niggle me a bit.

aye, yet. i just fear that it could be next on the agenda - supply, then real estate and pub leases come first, then start to control the local rivals.... i hope they dont though.

i'm partial to a Wild Swan and an occasional Jaipur, but i really don't want them to get too much bigger - their beers are now over represented in sheffield imo.

and now i know the A4e thing, i can't help but let it niggle me a bit.

I don't bother about the A4e thing, as far as I'm concerned that's nothing to do with the brewery.

As for Thornbridge getting too much bigger, I wouldn't say they're over represented in Sheffield at the moment, because their pubs seem to be fairly well spread out, but I'd like to think The Bath would be their last venture into the city centre.

Jaipur is my favourite pint and St Peterburg my favourite stout, but there aren't actually that many places you can get it.

To my knowledge:

DaDa, Tap, Dev Cat and Swim are the only regulars for Jaipur.

Out of the centre you have:

Champs - Eccy Road

Greystones - Greystones

Coach & Horses - Dronfield

Hallamshire House - Walkley/Crookes

Stag - Nether Edge?

At a guess I would think Moonshine is far easier to get hold of in Sheffield, yet I don't see people moaning about Abbeydale taking over the world.

Regards

Doom

It was great when Thornbridge started taking over pubs, but I think we've reached saturation point. The Bath has had a great range of guest ales recently, whereas Thornbridge pubs like the Hallamshire and the Greystones seem to stock only Thornbridge beers - and much as I like the odd pint of Jaipur, there are times when I want something else (and, yes, occasionally something which isn't completely overpowered with hops).

To be renamed Brewkitchen@TheBath. ?

Next it`ll be Dev Cat becoming the Derbyshire Cat!

Like others have said, I also like it when Thornbridge turn run down boozers around but that`s Stag, Beauchief and Bath in the last couple of months! They`ll double the price of food and add 50p onto a pint as their first move. :mad:

Hmmmmmm, Another Thronbridge pub, yaaaaawn!!!!They must have made millions lol! Three establishments in a month how? Shhh Quick get rid of the a4e gains before anybody notices! Although the beauchief is brewkitchen is it not? Same director though! Forgive me for being über suspicious just seems a bit odd that's all

Am I missing something? I've never had a good pint in the Bath Hotel maybe i've just been unlucky but they always seem to have a questionable beer selection from suspect breweries i've never heard of. When I say never heard of I don't mean quirky little micro breweries that are producing something interesting I mean some guy brewing some usually bland and weak beer in his bath tub (probably not in a bath tub but you get the picture). What is with all the Thornbridge bashing and the A4e link she isn't the director its her husband. If I had a choice of a range of suspect beers or a range of Thornbridge beers then I would choose something I know which will be good any day of the week.

Am I missing something? I've never had a good pint in the Bath Hotel maybe i've just been unlucky but they always seem to have a questionable beer selection from suspect breweries i've never heard of. When I say never heard of I don't mean quirky little micro breweries that are producing something interesting I mean some guy brewing some usually bland and weak beer in his bath tub (probably not in a bath tub but you get the picture). What is with all the Thornbridge bashing and the A4e link she isn't the director its her husband. If I had a choice of a range of suspect beers or a range of Thornbridge beers then I would choose something I know which will be good any day of the week.

I'm glad it's not just me.

Regards

Doom

Archived