When you have a dream.

I mainly have zombie nightmares so don't really bother to look into this too much, lol! However, when I mentioned this to someone they were really shocked and asked me if I had a 'zombie plan' :confused:

I also have zombie dreams.

Sometimes I realise I am dreaming and I can control the dream which actually make nightmares fun, stuff like possessing the force or flying.

If you are not sure if you are dreaming, try turning on a light switch as those don't work when you dream.

Apparently if you read something, look away from it and re read it, it will never say the same thing. I have never tried that though.

...If you are not sure if you are dreaming, try turning on a light switch as those don't work when you dream. ...

That simply isn't true. Dream light switches do work, but they must be pressed (like turning on a dimmer switch) rather than clicked up or down. That specific dream action has been mapped to activity within the parietal cortex and is precipitated by a burst of dopamine release.

That simply isn't true. Dream light switches do work, but they must be pressed (like turning on a dimmer switch) rather than clicked up or down. That specific dream action has been mapped to activity within the parietal cortex and is precipitated by a burst of dopamine release.

So your saying what I said is true for typical light switches but not dimmer light switches. Thats fair enough. The point is when a light switch doesn't work, I then realise I am dreaming and I can then control the dream. I apologise for not specifying the type of light switches involved.

So your saying what I said is true for typical light switches but not dimmer light switches. Thats fair enough. The point is when a light switch doesn't work, I then realise I am dreaming and I can then control the dream. I apologise for not specifying the type of light switches involved.

are we speaking about lucid dreaming here ?

I know in monitored experiments one of the only things lucid dreamers could'nt do was turn off a light

No...

The point is that extending what occurs and applies in your own unique dream experience to include others', like this:

...If you are not sure if you are dreaming, try turning on a light switch as those don't work when you dream.

Apparently if you read something, look away from it and re read it, it will never say the same thing. I have never tried that though.

is daft, as dreams are manifestations of your own unique collection of daily experiences, preoccupations, thoughts and memories, and as such their content and rules are as unique to you as your fingerprints (if rather more malleable).

In my dreams, for example, light switches work, but after I've turned them on they change into tiny lobsters and scuttle away.

I believe that dreams are a practice of situations that your body is not used to dealing with and and hence acts them out in order to develop ways of dealing with them, or a way of acting out things that we desire in order to get the feeling of satisfaction of having done them. I think dreams can be an insight into the subconcious but doing anything about it would be pretty pointless.

Archived