I am working class and I know my place.

Why do people still label themselves, Upper, middle or working class, should we not be judged on something a little more than wealth, career and education. Should we put ourselves into any band for that matter, I for one resist being labelled as such, I'm educated yet ignorant, I've been wealthy and poor, Ive worked in a professional career and with a spade in my hand.

I'm in the new 'Pillock Class'.

I work 40 hours for less than the dole.

:hihi: I used to earn 30k, If I earn 15k I'm lucky. My status is not however relative to what I earn, I earn whatever I get.

Labels will always be attached to people,i live mortgage free,have cars and frequent holidays so i could be termed middle class.

But i only arrived in this position by grafting so i consider myself working class.

Like you said OP mere labels,you know what you are ....sod the rest that want to tag you.

There is a simple test you can carry out so you know your place in society,it was devised on this very forum.If you live in Greystones or west of it you are highly educated ,hardworking and thus upper middle class.If you are unfortunate enough to reside elsewhere you are uneducated and lazy, a drain on society hence a member of the despised working class.Hope this helps!

Archived