I am working class and I know my place.

:hihi: I used to earn 30k, If I earn 15k I'm lucky. My status is not however relative to what I earn, I earn whatever I get.

:thumbsup: I'm broke therefore I am honest. I'm honest therefore I am employed. I'm employed therefore I am a pillock. I am a pillock therefore I am broke.

There is a simple test you can carry out so you know your place in society,it was devised on this very forum.If you live in Greystones or west of it you are highly educated ,hardworking and thus upper middle class.If you are unfortunate enough to reside elsewhere you are uneducated and lazy, a drain on society hence a member of the despised working class.Hope this helps!

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So called middle class Brits are snobbier than the upper class are, the middle class tend to look down on each other, where they live, what kind of job they do....god forbid if you live on the Council estates, Yuk!

I'm sure it was something called 'The Tower Block of Commons' where politicians lived on benefits for a period of time. One girl (a bit of a chav IIRC was asked what class she thought she was. "I'm middle class" she says. "Why is that?" asked the politician. "Coz I aint got a job so I aint workin class" :D

I'm sure it was something called 'The Tower Block of Commons' where politicians lived on benefits for a period of time. One girl (a bit of a chav IIRC was asked what class she thought she was. "I'm middle class" she says. "Why is that?" asked the politician. "Coz I aint got a job so I aint workin class" :D

So true, you can't be working class if you dont work.

Why do people still label themselves, Upper, middle or working class, should we not be judged on something a little more than wealth, career and education. Should we put ourselves into any band for that matter, I for one resist being labelled as such, I'm educated yet ignorant, I've been wealthy and poor, Ive worked in a professional career and with a spade in my hand.

Yes you're right.

But these days there are only 2 classes: the 99% and the 1%.

Guess which you and I (and almost everybody else) belong to.

Why do people still label themselves, Upper, middle or working class, should we not be judged on something a little more than wealth, career and education. Should we put ourselves into any band for that matter, I for one resist being labelled as such, I'm educated yet ignorant, I've been wealthy and poor, Ive worked in a professional career and with a spade in my hand.

Yeah and found your true calling on the Sheffield Forum :D

Archived