Wanting to go on a little break, but not taking my little girl, wrong?

My parents had my son from being a baby right up to 13 years old on every Friday night. A good nights sleep every Friday night!

We had a weekend away when he was 3 and he had a great time with his grand parents.

Go for it!

We have been married for a long time and have always had breaks away without our children. No problem now of course, they are grown.But when they were small, as long as they were cared for by someone responsible who loved them, (their grandparents in our case) we didn`t see a problem. Hope you have a great time, and don`t feel guilty, you shouldn`t, it`s not like you`re abandoning them or anything!

Go for it while you've got the chance! Maybe your family are (wrongly) peed off that you didn't ask them to have her so are guilt tripping you. Sod em! Being a mum is the hardest job in the world for many reasons - 1 being that you rarely have time off....its 24/7. Even when you're asleep you're still in mum mode in case your child needs you. I only ever seem to sleep deeply if my daughters with my mum. Everyone needs a break, enjoy yourself!

Archived