Royals getting awards again!

How many charitable companies have you spent time setting up?

What expeditions to promote the cause have you undertaken recently?

Typical keyboard warrior. All mouth no action.

I do think that royals setting up charities is commendable but I see where the OP is coming from; most of us are not able to do that type of thing, even if we wanted to, our energies are taken up with the realities of none-royal life like earning a crust to put food on the table.

I don't know if its just me, but it pees me off when Royals get awards.

If I had as many servants as they had, to get me up in the morning, bring me my breakfast, dress me, drive me to some charitable event, then drive me home in time for an afternoon nap and a little bit of animal cruelty before off to bed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17814012

I totally agree that there are many deserving cases overlooked-having said that what is the point of these awards?Would Bob Dylan or Bob Marley if not given a Brit award?

Ecconoob, how many charities have the current crop of royals actually setup? I don't mean their staff have done it for them, but actually set up the charity?

On the expeditions, subject, what expeditions have the royals been on that wasn't in 1st class luxury you or I couldn't access even if we had the money?

traveling to an opening in the most luxurious form of transport going, having everyone wait on you hand and foot. not having to organise a single thing and given everything on a plate, is no hardship!

Luxurious forms of transport? Everyone waiting on then hand and foot??

have you completely ignored the fact that they both served as army personnel and one of them is still an active captain.

How do you know what they have or haven't done? You seem to be pretty sure of yourself.

Of course they have "people" to do things for them. We all do. Outside of my day job I run one charity and sit on a board for another. I have dozens of "people" doing things for me. You dont seriously think I go around doing everything myself do you?? Nothing would ever happen.

Their diaries are crammed. Everyone wants a slice of them be it official engagements, public visits, civil duties or army duties. You think they just sit on their arse all day waiting for their next meal? You need to read up more!

They have done extemely good work that is going to be of benefit to thousands. Why the hell shouldn't they be rewarded.

If people can get awards and 'god like' recognition for kicking a football around or being a blonde airhead on TV Harry and William deserve something for their work.

How many charitable companies have you spent time setting up?

What expeditions to promote the cause have you undertaken recently?

Typical keyboard warrior. All mouth no action.

I raised 26,000 for charity in the last 3 years so i feel i have a right to judge.

The royals do nowt!!!

They have it all done for them.

They make me feel sick.

If they donated less than 8% of their wealth they would solve a lot of the problems we have as a nation.

Simply put they are abusing scum and i wish they would go away never to return.

Ecconoob, how many charities have the current crop of royals actually setup? I don't mean their staff have done it for them, but actually set up the charity?

On the expeditions, subject, what expeditions have the royals been on that wasn't in 1st class luxury you or I couldn't access even if we had the money?

traveling to an opening in the most luxurious form of transport going, having everyone wait on you hand and foot. not having to organise a single thing and given everything on a plate, is no hardship!

Top man.

Well said!!!

I raised 26,000 for charity in the last 3 years so i feel i have a right to judge.

The royals do nowt!!!

They have it all done for them.

They make me feel sick.

If they donated less than 8% of their wealth they would solve a lot of the problems we have as a nation.

Simply put they are abusing scum and i wish they would go away never to return.

Well done on your fundraising. That is a hell of an impressive sum.

But how exactly does that qualify you as an expert on what the royals do?

I think you are blind if that's what makes you SICK???

They are no longer the richest people in the country and certainly nowhere near the richest in the world.

Thousands of secret billionaires involved in companies nobody has heard of. Where are their charitable donations. How about Philip Green, Chelsea darlings, Football club owners where's there input?

What about aiming your target at the Beckhams, Rooneys, Ronaldos and fellow airheads such as Katie Price, Amy Childs and other wannabies. All multi millionaires, all definately can be classed as rich for doing "nothing". How about some of them pulling their finger out and donating.

At least SOME of the royals are seen to be doing something and despite your obvious bitterness, dont tell me that serving in the army is "doing nowt"

In the 70s the Queen went on an official visit to Mexico, a team of businessmen went with her, in one day they obtained £5m of orders. They unanimouslly said that the presence of the queen was fundamental.

That was 40 years ago, the Royal family have more than paid there way. If people cant see beyond the pageantry to the solid commercial benefit of the royals then they should look into it more thouroughly.

To replace them with a President who would you vote for?

President Blair, Brown, Thatcher, Prescott, ? name the person who would do a better job.

Archived