Worst Way to Die?

What's the Worst Way to Die?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What's the Worst Way to Die?

• Boredom - Trapped in a lift with Terry Wogan?
    • Stung - Attacked my angry jellyfish
    • Drowing - You get trapped under da sea.
    • Fire - Lit up like in Wickerman

As a scuba diver, and just returned from a Red Sea trip during which we got marooned on a reef (yes, really, and no, it wasn't half as funny or enjoyable as it sounds - Force 4 beaufort, 2m swells, sportsboat capsized, hands/knees/bits-bobs shredded by coral, p***ing blood in the water and having to swim about 500 yards to current-drifting rescue boat across 200m-deep open sea), it'd have to be this. Of which there were a fair few about, as well as 3ft/4ft barracudas.

Fastest 500 yards I ever swam in my life, and am ever likely to, I can tell ye.

In medieval times they also used to tie up a mans bits so they were unable to urinate and make them drink water until they exploded inside causing death by extreme agony.

Have you ever seen Bruce Parrys penis inversion on the series Tribe? They push it up inside then tie the foreskin up so it can't come back out.... ouch :o

Trapped in a lift with Sir Terence of Wogan??? How very dare you. The man's a legend. What about being trapped in a lift with Cameron, Clegg and Alan Shearer?

And someone with irritable bowel syndrome...................

As a scuba diver, and just returned from a Red Sea trip during which we got marooned on a reef (yes, really, and no, it wasn't half as funny or enjoyable as it sounds - Force 4 beaufort, 2m swells, sportsboat capsized, hands/knees/bits-bobs shredded by coral, p***ing blood in the water and having to swim about 500 yards to current-drifting rescue boat across 200m-deep open sea), it'd have to be this. Of which there were a fair few about, as well as 3ft/4ft barracudas.

Fastest 500 yards I ever swam in my life, and am ever likely to, I can tell ye.

On the subject of diving, has anyone ever heard of 'helmet squeeze'? We were discussing it at work the other day (as you do). Helmet squeeze supposedly occurs when a diver wearing one of those old fashioned diving suits with the rigid brass helmet suffers a decompression puncture in the surface to diver air supply. If the diver is at considerable depth, then the change in pressue causes the whole body to be 'sucked' up into the helmet casing. Mythbusters tested this and the result was that it can happen under the right circumstances:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBusters_(2009_season)#The_Squeeze

Anyhow, I think one of the worst ways to die has got to be contracting something like the Ebola virus and waiting for all your organs to liquefy. :gag:

Archived