Best reply yet to "road tax" stupidity

Semantics. Most vehicles are levied with VED. Most vehicles also need roads to drive on. Hence why it is commonly called "road tax".

So, a colloquialism, then. I wonder what the point of a discussion would be if nobody worried about the meanings of the words being used

I didn't say anything was incorrect, he is correct in the same way saying a garden rake is not a pen. I was saying his comments are stupid. Who in their right mind would compare children crossing the road with cars?

Its called using humour to make a good point.

At this point it's arguable which is funnier - the original post that was quoted, or Wex's attempts to disagree with it.

Well, WeX is always good value - I particularly enjoyed his not working out what I was getting at on this thread - but that Craggy Island milk float tickles me every time I look at it. Sam1970's failure to understand custardy's points on the thread are also worth a smile.

Archived