The AA poor service

ok my first time i ever used a breakdown service yesterday and im with AA anyways to cut a long story short i was told they would be there for 5.10pm they arrives at 5.40pm then when the guy arrived all he had was a multimeter i asked him dont u have a code reader to see why the check engine light is flashing his reply sorry we only have the european ones is it me or is there a hell of alot of jap cars on our roads then he then went inside his cab to his computer to look at the wiring and setup guide on his computer and guess what not a single thing on my car was inside his computer i wouldnt mind but the car is just a 1.2ltr suzuki wagon not a 200k ferrari that needs dealer stuff only to me AA is a joke all i got from him cause he didnt have a clue is u need a garage wtf have i payed membership for should i put a complaint in ?

ok my first time i ever used a breakdown service yesterday and im with AA anyways to cut a long story short i was told they would be there for 5.10pm they arrives at 5.40pm then when the guy arrived all he had was a multimeter i asked him dont u have a code reader to see why the check engine light is flashing his reply sorry we only have the european ones is it me or is there a hell of alot of jap cars on our roads then he then went inside his cab to his computer to look at the wiring and setup guide on his computer and guess what not a single thing on my car was inside his computer i wouldnt mind but the car is just a 1.2ltr suzuki wagon not a 200k ferrari that needs dealer stuff only to me AA is a joke all i got from him cause he didnt have a clue is u need a garage wtf have i payed membership for should i put a complaint in ?

Was the longer version shorter??

i dont doubt that ye he could have taken it to a garage my issue is that surely he should have readers to read faults on jap cars not just european and im sorry but if all i need to become a recovery is a vault meter and a tow bar then its shocking that a national company had no idea what to do with my car !!!

i dont doubt that ye he could have taken it to a garage my issue is that surely he should have readers to read faults on jap cars not just european and im sorry but if all i need to become a recovery is a vault meter and a tow bar then its shocking that a national company had no idea what to do with my car !!!

They carry a bit more than that though.

http://www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover/whats-in-the-van.html

I don't know, maybe there's a valid reason why they do not carry diagnostic equipment for Japanese cars.

This is on there website maybe you did not see every thing

What are the chances of you repairing my car at the roadside?

We're able to help over 3.5 million people a year. And we fix four out of every five cars at the roadside using unique on-board computers to help diagnose faults when you've broken down

When I spoke to the AA chap who attended my flat battery last year I asked him what the his most frequent call outs were and he replied, mainly punctures, flat batteries and running out of petrol. So it's no surprise that they sort out 4 out of every 5 cars.

When I pressed him on the most common mechanical reason he had to scratch his head and say probably coils, he attended about 3 a week. But then he added that this was quite specific to Sheffield, that when he attended an AA conference recently most of his colleagues attended cars with broken coils about 3 times a year. Why Sheffield and coils I wonder? (No prizes for guessing).

Anyway I view the AA and RAC (and others) purely as insurance to mitigate stress. They might be just a glorified recovery service that can sort out minor problems, but minor problems are the most common things to go wrong and the last thing I want to be doing is trying to sort out a recovery company when I've broken down. I just want a phone number in my phone.

Archived