The dangers of walking whilst talking on your Mobile phone.

it wasn't her fault
How do you work that one out, can I ask?

Are you saying people are not responsible for where they guide their feet? :huh:

Being on the phone didn't seem to have much to do with it, she can clearly be seen looking at something across the street (instead of ahead of her feet) just before plunging in the hole.

Saying all that, I lost track of how many iPod- or mobile-listening pedestrians crossing the street I had to take evasive action for (and left sizeable tyre marks), way back back when I used to ride a (full-size) electric scooter (Dublin city center).

Are you saying people are not responsible for where they guide their feet? :huh:

Being on the phone didn't seem to have much to do with it, she can clearly be seen looking at something across the street (instead of ahead of her feet) just before plunging in the hole.

Looking at that video I can't see any warning signs or a hole for her to have noticed, it just looks like a normal pavement to me.

Saying all that, I lost track of how many iPod- or mobile-listening pedestrians crossing the street I had to take evasive action for (and left sizeable tyre marks), way back back when I used to ride a (full-size) electric scooter (Dublin city center).

There was no hole for her to plunge into when she stood where the pavement collapsed.

It wasn’t a hole until she stepped onto the bit that collapsed.

Archived