The dangers of walking whilst talking on your Mobile phone.

What warning signs?

The ones that the reporter talked about on the second video, I think them bollard things on the pavement are what she is talking about.

It’s Seems a bit silly though warning people the pavement might collapse instead of just closing it off, and it was in China so there no guarantee any of the reports are accurate.

If this had been the UK, our firemen/wimmin would have just stood by for hours coz of elf n safety.

And before some smart ass on here comments......Yes! The area would probably been clearly signed,and closed off to the public by..............The elf n safety.

I was amazed at the number of people who came along and stared into the hole. "Ooh look, a hole has just appeared in the pavement let's see how many of us can stand around it before it completely collapses." :loopy:

Looking at that video I can't see any warning signs or a hole for her to have noticed, it just looks like a normal pavement to me.

There was no hole for her to plunge into when she stood where the pavement collapsed.

It wasn’t a hole until she stepped onto the bit that collapsed.
Just watched it again, somehow I was convinced the hole was there just before she fell in - all fair comments, posters.

My bad, taking it back :)

It seems to me that she would have gone a cropper down the hole which swallowed her, whether she was talking on a mobile or not.

How many of us can honsetly say they walk down the high street with their eyes glued to the floor? None I suspect. There's far too many other things to look at walking down the street.

Archived