Pavement tax for shopkeepers

It was a two-part question, which part are you saying no to?

Council snoops normally frown upon busineses putting their wears outside their shops(elf n safety)I think it's ok,as long as pedestrians don't have to swerve onto the road to pass by.

Maybe a tax should be imposed on fast-food outlets.To pay for the litter all over the place.

Council snoops normally frown upon busineses putting their wears outside their shops(elf n safety)I think it's ok,as long as pedestrians don't have to swerve onto the road to pass by.

Maybe a tax should be imposed on fast-food outlets.To pay for the litter all over the place.

I would prefer a tax on the morons who choose to drop it on the floor.

I would prefer a tax on the morons who choose to drop it on the floor.

Exactly, it's not like the owners and staff of those places are the ones throwing it on the floor.

I once overheard some oik complaining in the car-park of a popular fast-food chain to a member of staff, saying that they'd just seen a rat.

The member of staff replied with "If you used the bins provided rather than throwing on the floor like you have done in the past, there wouldn't be an issue"

should shopkeepers pay, a pavement tax or are they allowed to put their wares on tables outside their shops taking pavement space up

Shops struggle as it is. Personally I'd prefer to view items outside. Not long before we tax peeps for just stopping and ogling the goods, then again we could tax the shopkeeper for that.

We do seem to be falling into this culture of taxing everything..It almost seems a spite thing.

Archived