Blimey .. the fun of having a mobility scooter

My Mum, who is 86, is far too proud touse her mobility scooter. So, after having had a back operation in February, my brother suggested I borrow it.

Whilst in the Hospital, because I use crutches all the time, the physio tried me with a self propelled wheelchair ... it was amazing! I was able to get from one end of the corridor to the other without stopping because of pain.

The mobility scooter .. TOOTLE 2 is fantastic, and has allowed me so much independence and fresh air. I get to chat to the ducks in the park, sop and smell the hawthorn flowers growing in the hedgerows and talk to people. SO much fun!

What miffs me is the people who park on the pavements without leaving room for pedestrians let alone mobility scooters to get past.

MObility users ... what are your pros and cons?

My Mum, who is 86, is far too proud touse her mobility scooter. So, after having had a back operation in February, my brother suggested I borrow it.

Whilst in the Hospital, because I use crutches all the time, the physio tried me with a self propelled wheelchair ... it was amazing! I was able to get from one end of the corridor to the other without stopping because of pain.

The mobility scooter .. TOOTLE 2 is fantastic, and has allowed me so much independence and fresh air. I get to chat to the ducks in the park, sop and smell the hawthorn flowers growing in the hedgerows and talk to people. SO much fun!

What miffs me is the people who park on the pavements without leaving room for pedestrians let alone mobility scooters to get past.

As you find it so much fun and can see how much independance it gives you then please sign Shopmobility Sheffields Petition. The council is cutting our funind so will have to shut if this happens http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/urgent-support.html

put spikes on your wheels like in ben hur....and watch them move out of the way...

Photcopy his sig and pm it me?

That man is a legend!!!:D

Its at shopmobility but will do tomorrow if I remember or if you go down to The Winter gardens in city Centre he is usually there as that is where they present the snooker from. He is usually presenting with hazel Irvine and john Parrot or Ken Doherty.

Archived