Tory Minister Hunt refuses to resign in latest ConDems debacle

Culture secretary Jeremy Hunt has refused to resign after Murdoch lobbyist e-mails appeared to show that he was standing up for the interests of Murdochs' News Corporation rather than those of the British public, the Leveson enquiry has heard, see below:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/apr/24/jeremy-hunt-calls-resign-bskyb

Is it time for Hunt to go?

He's not half as scared as Cameron, Balls, Blair et al are at the moment. Poppy's getting on the Levenson stage tomorrow and he has a few scores to settle. No Mr Forgetful act for Rupric this time. Don't know which I like more, watching News Corp take a kicking or politicians - I'm so glad we get both.

Hunt is in a right pickle. I don't want him to go yet. I want to see him wriggle. I want to see his colleagues wriggle. And then I want to see Labour taken to the cleaners too for their involvement with the Murdochs.

The sooner all this rubbish is flushed out of politics the better.

Hunt is in a right pickle. I don't want him to go yet. I want to see him wriggle. I want to see his colleagues wriggle. And then I want to see Labour taken to the cleaners too for their involvement with the Murdochs.

The sooner all this rubbish is flushed out of politics the better.

I want this enquiry dragged out for as long as possible, so we see each & every corrupt politician, media mogul, civil servant, copper & lobbyist given spot light attention.

Ive got plenty of popcorn. ;)

I note that Ed Miliband has called for Hunt's resignation, or Cameron to sack him.

It is not opportunism whenever the opposition party calls for the resignation of a government minister, but such calls are always based on hard facts that come into the public domain.

I think Hunt needs to appear before the Levenson Inquiry quickly, and be allowed to give his version of events. If, however, Hunt is unable to satisfactorily rebut the claims that he acted as a back channel during the Murdoch BSkyB bid, then he must go by one means or the other. But in the interests of natural justice, I think Hunt should be allowed his say and to refute, if he can, these serious allegations that have been made against him.

This Leveson Inquiry really is one hell of an airing of grimy laundry indeed, but even though the public know what a sham of corruption our leaders are they always seem to cling on.:confused:

Great viewing though, it's nice to see them wriggle in their vile turd mire.

Tomorrow is going to be most revealing and the pm's questions ought to be amusing too for the next couple of weeks.

Archived