Will weed ever become legal ?

weed with out the street deals  

33 members have voted

1. 1. weed with out the street deals

• yes
    • no

I have taken mushrooms, weed, ecstacy, mdma, ket and legal highs and found them to be pretty safe. I researched them first and took them responsibly as a leisure activity. The classification system is useless and I admire Professor Nutt for the stance he made.

I never really got on with weed and haven't touched it in years.

if anything had gone wrong when you took them responsibly what would you have done?

Wasn't there some sort of goverment meeting about decrimalizing it today, i just caught the tail-end of it on the news with Russell Brand speaking for legalising.

Just watched the highlights on the BBC web site. Brand is messing with their heads. He is seriously intelligent.

Just watched the highlights on the BBC web site. Brand is messing with their heads. He is seriously intelligent.

A lot of it will have gone over their heads.

He did say; "criminal behaviour needs to be dealt with legally and treatment that deals with problem and prevents further crime being committed should be offered.", probably the most main, and valid point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17822801

And let's face it, the statistics say it makes more rational economic sense to give out heroin for free (going upon past results).

Supplying the drug works

But treatment works better.

Outlawing it makes both supply and eventual treatment even harder.

The future is uncertain, but I feel certain things can be predicted. And our current treatment/punishment/military encouragement of drug use does us no favours.

A lot of it will have gone over their heads.

He did say; "criminal behaviour needs to be dealt with legally and treatment that deals with problem and prevents further crime being committed should be offered.", probably the most main, and valid point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17822801

And let's face it, the statistics say it makes more rational economic sense to give out heroin for free (going upon past results).

Supplying the drug works

But treatment works better.

Outlawing it makes both supply and eventual treatment even harder.

The future is uncertain, but I feel certain things can be predicted. And our current treatment/punishment/military encouragement of drug use does us no favours.

Free heroin makes sense to me too. How can we legislate for what people choose to put in their bodies and then deem them criminals?

It seems to me that the oil, tobacco and alcohol industries would be keen to keep the status quo.

Cannabis can be used to cure many kinds of cancer.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/5169.html

"After a serious head injury in 1997, Rick Simpson sought relief from his medical condition through the use of medicinal hemp oil. When Rick discovered that the hemp oil (with its high concentration of T.H.C.) cured cancers and other illnesses, he tried to share it with as many people as he could free of charge, curing and controlling literally hundreds of people’s illnesses… but when the story went public, the long arm of the law snatched the medicine – leaving potentially thousands of people without their cancer treatments – and leaving Rick with unconsitutional charges of possessing and trafficking marijuana!

Canada is in the middle of a CANCER EPIDEMIC! Meet the people who were not allowed to testify on Rick’s behalf at the Supreme Court of Canada’s Infamous Rick Simpson Trial on September 10, 2007… INCLUDING A MAN WHO WAS CURED OF TERMINAL CANCER USING HEMP OIL!"

Run from the cure

Some other evidence.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDAQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9cUC8tjoB_0&ei=5jWXT96bPI788QOCrbXhCQ&usg=AFQjCNHn6C5Hv1JoDPpIrGfJefZGj5-4wA

No it can't. If it could we'd be swimming in cancer cures, since cannabis is so easily manufactured for industrial purposes.

Cannabis medication is a monopoly industry and very highly regulated. There is no freemarket allowing for scientific discovery.

You can't start a business treating people with homegrown as daddy state sends round the boys in blue and they take the medication off of you. Also your assets are seized, hindering your ability to commit further research.

Because there are more people against legalising of it,then there are for it.

Bet you can't prove it?

From the media coverage this gets every now and again, the vast majority of respondents seem to say the opposite.

Mostly because they believe it leads to harder drugs.

Does anyone who's got a clue genuinely believe that?

Archived