Will weed ever become legal ?

weed with out the street deals  

33 members have voted

1. 1. weed with out the street deals

• yes
    • no

Bet you can't prove it?

From the media coverage this gets every now and again, the vast majority of respondents seem to say the opposite.

Does anyone who's got a clue genuinely believe that?

No I can't prove it,the only way to do that is have a national poll.

In spite of the media coverage it remains illegal,so the campaigners havn't had the power to change anything so far.

There are plenty of people who have got a clue,read the research.Or listen to some of the ex-drug addicts.

The reason it won't happen is the same reason it was outlawed to begin with. Cannabis can't be sensibly taxed because you can grow it wild in your own back garden.
You can grow tobacco in you back garden, and poppies, and you can brew alcohol in your shed, all perfectly legally, so that's no argument!

You can grow tobacco in you back garden, and poppies, and you can brew alcohol in your shed, all perfectly legally, so that's no argument!

I'm not saying it's a good argument; but that is why it was outlawed and it's just about the only reason it remains outlawed. Everything else is circular reasoning; it's outlawed because it's bad for you and the proof it's bad for you is that it was outlawed.

I'm not saying it's a good argument; but that is why it was outlawed and it's just about the only reason it remains outlawed. Everything else is circular reasoning; it's outlawed because it's bad for you and the proof it's bad for you is that it was outlawed.
But tobacco is bad for you too, much worse in fact, and that's perfectly legal. Alcohol can be bad for you, and that too is legal, thankfully. :)

I doubt very much whether cannabis was outlawed for health reasons. In fact, I think that the growing of Hemp was outlawed because you can make really, really good quality paper from it, far more cheaply than from wood, which threatened, and still threatens, major American financial interests, and it's fun, so they say. It's not the problem it's made out to be; I'm sure of that.

No I can't prove it,the only way to do that is have a national poll.

A new poll just commissioned by Lib Dems for Drug Policy Reform (of which I am a member) and conducted by Vision Critical shows that 70% of people are in favour of cannabis being legalised.

http://www.libdemvoice.org/opinion-cannabis-legalisation-not-just-preserve-of-sandal-wearing-lib-dems-20241.html

A new poll just commissioned by Lib Dems for Drug Policy Reform (of which I am a member) and conducted by Vision Critical shows that 70% of people are in favour of cannabis being legalised.

http://www.libdemvoice.org/opinion-cannabis-legalisation-not-just-preserve-of-sandal-wearing-lib-dems-20241.html

Well i knew the Lib Dems were in favour of drug reform thats why i never vote for them.

But tobacco is bad for you too, much worse in fact, and that's perfectly legal. Alcohol can be bad for you, and that too is legal, thankfully. :)

Advocates of circular reasoning will continue to exist that cannabis is illegal because it is more harmful than either; and their evidence for it being more harmful than either, is that it's illegal.

You can't argue with circular logic, beyong pointing out why it is not valid. If people continue to use it anyway, your only two choices are to whack them over the head with a mallet, or ignore them and move on.

There are plenty of people who have got a clue,read the research.

Which research have *you* read that led you to this conclusion?

Or listen to some of the ex-drug addicts.

You mean people, who by virtue of the law were forced to deal with criminals who's main purpose is to get them hooked on harder, more addicive drugs?

I don't see how that would help other than to suggest it's the prohibition that's the source of the problem.

I've actually changed my mind recently on this issue, the way we've dealt with the drugs issue hasn't been very inteligent and has clearly not worked. Cannabis and Heroin should be legalised but Heroin should be strictly regulated and controlled.

That being said, I dont think cannabis and Heroin use should normalised...being in the company of cannabis and Heroin users feels very infra-dig, they're bit like people that dring Kestrel Super from a can and those you see with a "tinnie" in the street in the middle of the day. :gag:

Archived