Chris T-T @ Lantern Theatre, Fri 4th May

Sawdust

Tickets from:

http://www.tickets.lanterntheatre.org.uk/seats/tsdisplayseats.php?show_ID=10047

Over the past decade, writer and musician Chris T-T has been one of the most consistently acclaimed artists in British underground music.

Since 1999 Chris has released eight albums, including a trilogy about London: The 253 (2001), London Is Sinking (2003) and Capital (2008), as well as political protest album 9 Red Songs (2005) and more recently the inward-looking Love Is Not Rescue (2010).

“A national gem of a songwriter.”

THE INDEPENDENT

“Outstanding, indispensable genius. A modern-day Blake.”

THE SUNDAY TIMES

Support from She Makes War and Neil McSweeney

This Friday folks. There'll be tickets on the door.

The genius that is Chris T–T.

Huw Stephens – BBC Radio 1

Chris T–T is a man that we can trust with our lives. If he was standing for Mayor of London, I’d vote for him.

Steve Lamacq – BBC Radio 2

Heartbreaking. Chris T–T can draw the poison and heal the wounds, simply by singing from his heart. It’s evocative, elegant and funny. How often can you say that about a record these days?

Brad Barrett – Artrocker

Chris has inspired me, made me laugh and given me pause for thought ever since ‘Eminem Is Gay’ landed on my desk back in 2003. London Is Sinking is darkly brilliant, while 9 Red Songs is rough, ready and compelling

Tom Robinson – BBC 6Music

The genius of Chris T-T’s songwriting is his ability to humanise even the most outlandish conceits, until they seem instead like brilliant ideas nobody else would’ve come up with.

The Guardian

Archived