Kickabouts or amateur football for 22 year-old?

I am a 22 year old living in the S3 area. I haven't played football for a few years and am looking at starting playing again. I only played at school and amateur clubs etc so not at too high a level.

I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere where kick about sessions are organised? Or if there are any local teams in the Sheffield area where I could come to training sessions to build my fitness and get back into football?

I am interested in 11-a-side, 5-a-side or anything really Im not too fussy just really keen to get back into football!

Cheers

Hey there, I am in a similar position myself. Not played football in a team for a few years now. I have a kick-about once every few weeks which isn't enough really. I would like to play more and build on my fitness. I contacted a few clubs a week or two ago and a few of them are about ready to train for pre-season (already). If you're interested in being in a team, we could go along to a training session together?

Hi Josh, sure I could come along to training with you. Which clubs did you contact? I live near the infirmary road tesco so have easy access to trams.

I should say though I have just found out that I will be leaving Sheffield on the 10th of June so will only be able to play for a short time (next 5 weeks). Hopefully I can still take part in trainings to build fitness somewhere as I will want to keep it up wherever I move.

Oh and I haven't played for quite a long time but I used to play central defence.

Will

• 1 month later...

same position as you to be honest, desperately looking for a team to, primarily, train with and blow off the cobwebs. I have just posted a thread similar to this, hopefully to find a couple of local teams that are happy for me to just go and train with them. I aint gonna be a star player by any means but would really love the chance to get to a level not too far off what i used to be.

also, blade4eva, if your team is open to new faces just to train with you guys id love to come down and have a few trial sessions, find out if your happy to have me come down on a regular basis?

Archived