Recession or no recession - what's it like in your house?

What's it like in your house? Recession or no recession?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What's it like in your house? Recession or no recession?

• Recession
    • Nothing's really changed
    • No recession

Official GDP figures are out later today and the media and politicians alike are waiting to seize on the big picture, though it must be said that the actual stat's take years to reveal themselves.

But what's it like in your house? Recession or no recession?

We are a retired couple, and our state pensions, although meagre to start with, :( have risen by 5.2% this year, better than in previous years.

We manage very well, and because we don't spend much on expensive consumables, or use our car very much we are seeing little difference in our standard of living.

my job in engineering hasn't been affected by the recession and my wife, who works for the nhs, has even had an upgrade in her job. rather than save a lot and earn little interest we've paid extra on the mortgage thus paying it off early. i suppose we have been lucky but my eldest son is a uni graduate and he's working with me which is not his chosen field. my other son finishes college soon and his work prospects don't look great.

Archived