Britain is officially back in recession. Double-dipping

If they hadn't borrowed money to fuel an unaffordable life style there wouldn't have been a boom

Why is this hypothetical lifestyle "unaffordable"? I only ask because my parents have a mortgage, and my girlfriend has a car on finance. I went to university. I'm just wondering why we're ultimately responsible for everything.

( Ps, you don't have to assume. When you make a statement, and I ask why, that normally means "why?". ;) )

I assume your question is why blame the people that borrowed the money.

Answer

If they hadn't borrowed money to fuel an unaffordable life style there wouldn't have been a boom and the resulting bust that always follows a boom wouldn't have been necessary.

I think youll find it was businesses that predominately loaned the monies. You know like those venture capitalists, at Punch, or Enterprise, EMI, Woolworths, Rangers FC, the list is endless.

You see big bonuses are made on these deals. Whether they are solid or not...

I think youll find it was businesses that predominately loaned the monies. You know like those venture capitalists, at Punch, or Enterprise, EMI, Woolworths, Rangers FC, the list is endless.

You see big bonuses are made on these deals. Whether they are solid or not...

Did I say it wasn't businesses. :huh:

Why is this hypothetical lifestyle "unaffordable"? I only ask because my parents have a mortgage, and my girlfriend has a car on finance. I went to university. I'm just wondering why we're ultimately responsible for everything.

( Ps, you don't have to assume. When you make a statement, and I ask why, that normally means "why?". ;) )

Did the bank’s lending them money cause the crash, or was it money lent to someone else that caused it.

The bust is the consequence of a boom, it always happens and always will unless we eliminate boom.

And people caused the boom, banks and businesses just respond to what the people want.

Capitalism is fine when you're on the winning side, but pretty **** when you're not.

Capitalism is largely responsible for the high living standards that you and the rest of us in Sheffield enjoy. Without capitalism there would be no NHS, no free education, no benefits system, no council services, etc. Everything has a cost!

Just because you're desperately jealous that some people have more money than you does not mean capitalism doesn't work.

Did the bank’s lending them money cause the crash, or was it money lent to someone else that caused it.

The bust is the consequence of a boom, it always happens and always will unless we eliminate boom.

And people caused the boom, banks and businesses just respond to what the people want.

And did the banks not wave a carrot in front of their noses? On personal level I recall being sent endless offers of pre-approved loans and credit cards I never asked for. Whilst that's no certainly no EXCUSE to borrow unwisely the the outcome can hardly be a surprise and it's very misleadling to suggest that banks were simply responding to what people wanted.

And did the banks not wave a carrot in front of their noses? On personal level I recall being sent endless offers of pre-approved loans and credit cards I never asked for. Whilst that's no certainly no EXCUSE to borrow unwisely the the outcome can hardly be a surprise and it's very misleadling to suggest that banks were simply responding to what people wanted.

Businesses advertising their services to their customers? HOW DARE THEY!

I assume your question is why blame the people that borrowed the money.

Answer

If they hadn't borrowed money to fuel an unaffordable life style there wouldn't have been a boom and the resulting bust that always follows a boom wouldn't have been necessary.

Did I say it wasn't businesses. :huh:

The banks clearly borrowed huge sums of monies to companies whom were not so solvent.

You did say people.

The issue is banks.

There’s plenty of stuff out there dangled in front of peoples nose, the trick is to ignore them if you can't afford them.

Why blame the banks, you may as well blame every business that supplies stuff you can’t afford.

Archived